News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen any 3rd gen chargers with the inside headlights tinted?

Started by HKCharger, October 21, 2008, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKCharger

I saw one locally in Denver here the other night and man it looked good. Has anyone else seen a 3rd gen charger with the inside 2 headlights tinted a yellow tint? Looked really good.

HKCharger

also, has anyone seen a good looking pair of fog lights on a 3rd gen charger? Nothing cheesy or crappy, but something that did look good. :shruggy:

69*F5*SE

Yes I I have and I like it. I have two Amber headlights for my 69 that looked great too before I started resto. Still got them and they'll be going right back on when it finally gets done, whenever that is.   Ted

FLG

Seen a 73 here in NY with HID's, high and low beams too. Looked nice. Not blinding either.

HKCharger

TruckDriver

Like this :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HKCharger

YES! THATS IT!!! Where can I find those???

anymore info on that car?

TruckDriver

That car was on Ebay a year or two ago. I don't know where to get the lights though.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

tatrick2me

I have four round HID's that I'm going to smoke tint for my 73 SE. I painted it Saturday and have just started trimming the car back out. I'll post photos when done. The car is deep amthist silver pearl base coat. Two coats of clear with gold pearl mixed in and one coat of clear, clear. PPG polyurathain.
Bone 7

HKCharger

Quote from: tatrick2me on October 21, 2008, 06:19:53 PM
I have four round HID's that I'm going to smoke tint for my 73 SE. I painted it Saturday and have just started trimming the car back out. I'll post photos when done. The car is deep amthist silver pearl base coat. Two coats of clear with gold pearl mixed in and one coat of clear, clear. PPG polyurathain.

can you get us some pictures?

RallyeMike

Check and see if they are legal in your State. I got the riot act from the WA State patrol in the 80's for colored high beams. They told my ANY coloring on headlamps was illegal for highway use.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Jon Smith

Yellow headlights used to be mandatory in france, something to do with less glare, the same reason streetlights are often orange....you could probably get some on french ebay or something...

NMike

Quote from: tatrick2me on October 21, 2008, 06:19:53 PM
I have four round HID's that I'm going to smoke tint for my 73 SE.

why would you tint HID lights? isn't that taking new technology and making them look like seal beam bulbs?

2much2learn

:o Diggin those Rims, anyone know if they come in a bigger size so i could put some more meat on those? and how would you get a stance like that?
and as for the lights, not really my cup of tea but mabey it looks better in person? :shruggy:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

High Impact

Quote from: HKCharger on October 21, 2008, 11:12:28 AM
Cool. Where can I find the amber lights?

How many do you want????????????     I bought up an old parts store and have boxes full of high beam lights and I have a few of those yellow ones.   Send me an e-mail if intrested.

tatrick2me

No in fact it don't make them look like sealed beams. It makes the car diffrent, and creates a talking point on Saturday night at the Winn Dixie parking lot. Its all about making it your own one of a kind car.
Bone 7

73TXRallye440

Quote from: High Impact on October 22, 2008, 08:55:37 PM
Quote from: HKCharger on October 21, 2008, 11:12:28 AM
Cool. Where can I find the amber lights?

How many do you want????????????     I bought up an old parts store and have boxes full of high beam lights and I have a few of those yellow ones.   Send me an e-mail if intrested.

hey, id be interested in those, i just emailed you.