News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it embarrasing?

Started by skip68, October 13, 2008, 11:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

O.K., our daughter has a fall festival at her school Friday, and they ( the school) are doing a big celebration. Games, food, activities, etc. All to benefit extra curricular events. The neighborhood that goes to this school are mostly affluent. (We're not, Dam! :brickwall:) :D

There have been times that Chuck took our daughter to school in the General Lee. And boy, we get allot of compliments. The school wants to know if we would bring the car for photo opts. to raise funds! I am ALL for it. Chuck is a little resistant, as he say's the interior is gutted, and only has slip covers on. ::) I told him, kids will not care!!!! They will just think it's cool to have a pic. taken in a G.L.!!! :2thumbs: Also channel 8 news is gonna be there, so he is even more insecure. (For lack of a better word)

Maybe this is silly question, but I asked him if I could ask you guys, & gals! :yesnod:

So is it embarrassing? You've all seen the pics. of our car.  :yesnod: And should we bring it? :shruggy:
Lisa ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69CoronetRT

I think you are right. The kids won't care and will think it's cool. Plus they will all gather around the car to get on TV.

Take it and have fun!
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

C_stripes

I say take it. Kids are not going to remember a tear in the seat. They dont care about a cracked dash pad. The are just happy and will remember the time they got to sit in that car that was on tv.  I think it will be funn for everyone.  besides. Its for kids. if it was all nice inside, would you want kids sitting in it then?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Mike DC

Tell people that's what most of the real TV/movie General Lees are like up close.  It's the truth. 

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Definitely! Go and have some fun.... believe me, nobody but ya'll care what the inside looks like, I know this first hand and was over it quickly as my car is far from perfect. Let the kids have a ball.

One more thing, if they are so affluent, then why are they raising funds, I say you guys get a cut for your contribution and at least make enough to have a nice family dinner out in town.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: Don't let them use you guys too much for free(you'll see what I mean)  :Twocents:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Make sure to put a force field around it though....a crowd of touchie-feelie kids is not good for a paint job :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

Rent a Miata with a much nicer interior, problem solved. :Twocents:

:D  I'm obviously kidding, kids don't care & will absolutely love it. If they ask why it's so beat up, tell them it's from jumping over creeks & police cars. My daughter was with me at Carlisle the year that the Joe Dirt Daytona was on display. The owner told her she could sit in it, & I got a picture of her with a giant smile. When she saw the movie & I pointed out the car that she sat in, she was pretty excited that she sat in a TV star car.

As for the rest of the neighborhood being affluent, so what? Do it for your own satisfaction & simply enjoy making a bunch of kids happy.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

GO FOR IT!!!  I wouldn't be worried at all.  :2thumbs:

Tell anybody who knocks the car that you have 5 restored cars at home - - and this was the only car you're willing to let kids climb all over!

Orange_Crush

If he's that worried about it, there might be something you can do.

Seat removal is not very difficult.  If I was in LV and had my charger, I would let him borrow the seats out od it.  An hour or so of wrenching is all it would take (if that) to switch them out then switch them back.  Maybe there is another b-body owner in LV who would be willing to help out.  Its for a good cause, after all.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

skip68

Thanks for the replys guys.  :2thumbs: Also it's really not the money thing regarding these people, it's more like going outside with dirty jeans and messed up hair. :-\ :scratchchin: :rotz: But oh well!  :icon_smile_big: Gonna let the school know we're in! :yesnod:

Hopefully I'll get some cool pics. to post up for you guys. (Theirs alot of HOT mama's that will be there!) :smilielol: :lol: :rofl: :D
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lowprofile

Hey, In the end, it's all about the kids.....Enjoy the day!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on October 14, 2008, 09:39:48 AM

Theirs alot of HOT mama's that will be there! :smilielol: :lol: :rofl: :D

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Lisa, did you say MILF?  Yes! I believe you did...  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I'm getting a plane ticket right now!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Just give me directions to the school! :icon_smile_wink:

skip68

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 14, 2008, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: skip68 on October 14, 2008, 09:39:48 AM

Theirs alot of HOT mama's that will be there! :smilielol: :lol: :rofl: :D

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Lisa, did you say MILF?  Yes! I believe you did...  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

I'm getting a plane ticket right now!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Just give me directions to the school! :icon_smile_cool:  I'll do the rest  :icon_smile_wink:

Why did I know my post would resonate with Tuffy? :scratchchin:   :shruggy: :scratchchin: :smilielol: :lol: :nana: Yup, their is so much silicone in the parents waiting area, you could open a Barbie factory on the spot!  :smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol: :rofl:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

P.S. Tuffy, I'll see what I can do! :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Man, I'm definitely checking back on this thread, then!

:D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

elanmars

why take pictures of the kids INSIDE the car? it's much better if it's outside, plus then he doesn't have to worry about the inside.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

TUFCAT

Lisa, just take pictures of the hot MILFS!! (I love silicone implants by the way :D:drool5:  ...I think you know me by now (I just PURRRRR).  :2thumbs: 

...AND no offense, unless they're yours of course,  I don't want to see pictures of any kids - - :icon_smile_big:  Show us the hot, (more mature sweethearts :icon_smile_wink:)  behind the wheel of the General Lee!   :2thumbs: 

In fact,  ...just let Chuck take the pictures!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

You know I luv ya for tryin.  :icon_smile_cool:

The70RT

With no interior maybe you could set a record for most kids in GL  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Quote from: The70RT on October 14, 2008, 07:35:18 PM
With no interior maybe you could set a record for most kids in GL  ;D

I guess that would be better than "most kids ON a GL!"  :smilielol:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68

Well it's getting washed and purty right now! :cheers: Gonna take it to the school in a couple hours. Should be fun. Channel 8 will be there too!

TUFFCAT: I'll do my best as far as the MILF pics. for ya! :2thumbs: :nana:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

BrianShaughnessy

Good luck...  I wouldn't feel embarrassed at all.   Obviously it's not like when I was in school and had my own Charger.     

I get  to take Lisa's daughter up to the Mum bowl dance at school for the last couple years.   

This year the school principal opened up the door and climbs in the passenger side and then proceeds to ask me if it's a Pontiac  ::)

My only problem is the kids yelling for burnouts and the cop cars sitting at the end of the driveway waiting for it.     :shruggy:

FYI.  she dumped the guy 3 days later.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

skip68

I had a cop ask me the other day if it would do a burn out.  :icon_smile_big:  So I did a little churp for him.  :2thumbs:

FLG

I wouldnt be embarrassed  :cheers:

Similar story skip...was crusing on the FDR one night going to pick up a buddy....cop follows me over the Brooklyn bridge, to the FDR...im thinking "Guess hes waiting for me to do something stupid" so im just sitting there trying not to speed. He pulls up next to me says "Hey", i turn and he and his partner say "Come on man, nail it" so i give her enough gas to downshift to 2nd...they pull up a lil bit further down with smiles  :2thumbs:

craigandlynda

take it...you'll really enjoy watching the stuck-up rich and preppy parents, particularly those stuffy business-tycoon type fathers, drool with envy...and some of the moms will reminisce about having their "first times" in the  back of cars like the charger...

oh yeah, the kids will think it's cool, too. :Twocents: