News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

engine casting date/ car's SPD

Started by kab69440, October 12, 2008, 11:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kab69440

A member is advertising a few 383/ 440 engine cores for sale. One of them happens to be a 440 dated 6/7/68. From a skewed "correctness" perspective, would this be approximately "right" for a car built 8/6/68? I guess what I am asking is, how far ahead of a car's assembly date would an average engine have been cast? My third member had a very faint yellow 5-68 stamp on the driver's side axle tube at appoximately 2 o'clock after I cleaned it up to repaint it.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kab69440

Thanks man, that was much appreciated! Just as I suspected...   Next question, anyone road-tripping from Missouri to Central Ohio at any time in the near future?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."