News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

The second pic I took while moving, hence the blur, but there is another car behind the bush that I think is a charger as well.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

Poor '69 (in the first pic)

Btw, could I please use those pics :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Finn

Cool with me, hope the owner doesn't find out er I mean mind lol
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

70nova

Love these threads.

I have never seen a 2nd gen Charger on the road here in So. Cal. until this past friday.

Was in Anaheim hills at a chevron gas station and went in to buy a pack of smokes, came out and saw a 70' Charger (I think it was a 70) and the guy fillin' it up.  Funny thing is I think I saw that same guy cruising around in Orange that same week.  Was a nice lookin' charger but I think it had some body damage on the passenger side.

Wonder if it's anyone on this site? It was light green in color.

Finn

This one has been sitting in the same spot for years. Used to have a blue 68 (with white top and white stripes) sitting next to it.
Went by it today so I thought I would stop and take some pics for this thread.
I believe its a 74 and looks to be in nice shape (didn't notice any rust). Has nice wheels too imo. (next project perhaps?) :icon_smile_cool:
Out of curiosity, any guesses on how much its worth?
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

C_stripes

Here are a few. Not chargers but still cool cars. 69 383 4spd runner and a 68 440 auto coronet R/T convert.

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Steve P.

I would love to be the VERY PROUD owner of that drop top 68'.   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

Steve.  Hows everything going? have not spoke with you for awhile. Done much with that 65 yet?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Steve P.

Nope.. Been working on the house.. SLOWLY..

Mike has been working on his 1st Coronet and the one we picked up from you is in his back yard waiting to become a race car..

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...   hehehe...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

G-man

In 25 years I have never ever seen one driving on the road. I have just baught a 68 Charger (1st one in my life) and I am waiting for it to leave the docks in LA. Yesterday would you believe we are driving in sydney and I heard some roaring engine on the side of us... looked to the side... 1st I saw an Orange fender then I see 01 on the doors, then a See the rear quarter and a 1969 tailight panel.

Whats the chance in that. Never seen a charger in my life in the wild, now that I had Just baught my 1st ever charger I see the 1st charger on the road drive straight past...

WOHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing bloody sounded AWESOME!

elanmars

my fist time seeing another 3rd gen besides my own!!! pretty exciting for me. Makes it the 2nd charger i've seen around and both have been red! not a lot of chargers around here, not a lot of mopar in general, really.

had a few friends call me asking if it was my charger at the shop!

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Harlow

Set out to find a '70 challenger that GREEN684SPD told me about. There ended up being two in the same lot. The red one is a G code car and the green one is a C code car with some V8 emblems put on the fenders.

Harlow

They were at a storage yard so the woman in the office didn't own them. I'm not really sure how I could go about getting in contact with the owners because I would bet the storage facility can't give out any information. I guess I could leave a note but I wonder how often the owner comes by? I'm guessing the note would get wrecked or blown away by the time they saw it.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I've seen alot of Chargers "in the wild".  There is a Charger running around Skokie every once and a while, a 73/74.  But I saw a ton on the HRPT....

This thing followed me from Little Rock through the whole tour basically........ love driving along with a Daytona.

And a charger really out in the wild....

Ryan

jaak

I saw a F8 green, green vinyl top, green interior 68 Charger in the parking lot of Office Depot today (in Florence, Alabama). Chatted with the guy a couple of minutes, it was a 318 Car, and had rallye wheels on it.

Jason

grdprx

I saw a 68 Charger Saturday here in Kent, WA; along 240th.  Probably someone on here, was green.

Makes me want to get mine on the road!!!!

Death1970Proof

Quote from: C_stripes on July 22, 2008, 06:00:45 PM
Here are a few. Not chargers but still cool cars. 69 383 4spd runner and a 68 440 auto coronet R/T convert.

Jeremy

1968 coronet r/t convert!!! HOLY SH**!!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

68charger383

Saw a 68 charger going from the 10W to the 210W in CA last night...."Demon Charger" gave the driver a big  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

MNMopar

You mean this kind of in the wild? :smilielol:

MNMopar

472 R/T SE

Quote from: grdprx on August 04, 2008, 06:36:19 PM
I saw a 68 Charger Saturday here in Kent, WA; along 240th.  Probably someone on here, was green.

Makes me want to get mine on the road!!!!

I'm willing to bet that was Mark, (triple green).  Nicest guy you'll ever meet.

bull

Yea, leave a note. I've left notes on a few cars to see if they were for sale and have gotten calls with offers.

Harlow

Quote from: bull on August 27, 2008, 10:45:07 PM
Yea, leave a note. I've left notes on a few cars to see if they were for sale and have gotten calls with offers.

I've left notes on cars or houses before too. I've had a little luck. Maybe I can bribe the woman at the desk. The office doesn't have a clear view of the yard and I could just go into the yard and leave a note on the cars themselves...but there is no telling when the owner will be there to check on them. The note will probably be gone or ruined.