News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Rob took one picture of the car and just sent it to me.

But now you know it's real.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dave22443

Does it have R/T emblems on it?  It almost looks like it might in that picture.  Might explain why your friends would make the honest mistake  :shruggy:

That grill and bumper do look good.  I'll bet there are a bunch of guys that would love to have those!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

mikepmcs

Yes I forgot to say that about the R/T emblem which was put on the grille.
It's actually kind of an inside joke with me on the whole R/T thing with my friends.  They are all Chevy hounds.

Good catch though. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dave22443

Is it just me?  Or the angle of the picutre?  But it looks like the car might be twisted a bit?  The level of the bumper doesn't seem to match the level of the roof?

What did the hood and fenders look like?  Might be a good front clip for a Daytona clone project  :scratchchin:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

moparstuart

two daytona's stretching there legs last sunday
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GREEN684SPD

Harlow

It was hard to get a good shot of it, but I came across a '68 today.

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

mikepmcs

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 08, 2008, 08:52:10 AM
Is it just me?  Or the angle of the picutre?  But it looks like the car might be twisted a bit?  The level of the bumper doesn't seem to match the level of the roof?

What did the hood and fenders look like?  Might be a good front clip for a Daytona clone project  :scratchchin:

Geez, :slap: sorry for the late response Dave. It might be the picture angle, next time I go by I'll look harder.  Fenders weren't terrible from what I remember just need some rust repair.  The hood was in decent shape externally but didn't look underneath.
still haven't heard if it's for sale or what yet, and i don't anticipate that coming too soon.

v/r
Mike

Dave22443

No problem Mike.  I was really just window shopping anyway.  I've got 5 grand tied up in a new engine that has yet to fire so I need to finish that first  :eyes:

Thanks though!

- Abraham Lincoln

Harlow

Heres another one I know of. I was running an errand by there and thought I'd get a picture for you guys.

aone415

Saw this one in Morristown, NJ  last fall and I believe I saw it again at Englishtown today

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

bull

Quote from: Harlow on May 18, 2008, 12:22:28 PM
Heres another one I know of. I was running an errand by there and thought I'd get a picture for you guys.

That one looks like it's in pretty decent shape.

I saw a yellow '71 Challenger R/T going down the street a few days ago. But then the weather is getting pretty nice now so that won't be so rare a sight in the next few months.

Charger1973

Amazingly I saw 2(!!!!!!!) Chargers roaming the streets today.  3rd gens even.  :D  First was a 73/74 SE with the top and louvers removed.  It was a reddish brown.  Passed going the other way on the 4 lane so I didnt get a great look at it.  Next was a cream colored 72 with a bulge hood.  The guy had it at the parts store with the hood up.  I was too busy to stop but he was still there on my way back about 1/2 hour later so he may have been having problems with it.  Both cars were obviously projects but it was still cool.  2 in one day! 

dpm68

Just got back from a week in St. Lucia. Guess what I found? Nothing else on that island even remotely close to it. Mostly Toyotas and the like. Right hand drive on the other side of the road. (that took some getting used to, as it's too easy to clip locals, all of the feral dogs, chickens, and goats). This one remained traditional left hand drive. It is an SE, and I believe it's a 71. It's a 318, 2bbl that has been taken apart with its water pump residing in the passenger seat. I couldn't get an engine shot because the underhood webbing rusted off and it wouldn't stay up. The Caribbean salt air has finished this car, as it's a true Flinstone. Fred would be proud. At least this Charger passed on in a tropical paradise.

69bronzeT5

Can I please use that pic for my site? :)

Btw, judging by the grille...its either a 73 or 74
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dpm68

Use away. Thanks for the correction. I guess I don't look too hard at 3rd gens - no offense to anyone...

jeryst

Never see them around here except at shows or cruise-ins, and even then they are pretty rare. I did see one in a guys driveway last year up in New York when I was taking my daughter to church camp.

elanmars

ok, so we should have a "cool cars in the wild" thread because i haven't seen any other chargers again but a few days ago while hanging out with a friend and taking pics in new orleans, we stumbled upon this plymouth fury.

also saw a 68 camaro but didn't get a chance to take pics of it. there was also a 60s mustang nearby...but it was pretty cool having all these cars + my 73 charger all near each other!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

WingCharger

Saw one sitting in a run down barn just near me. BUT IT IS A FIRST GEN! :RantExplode: :brickwall:

JimShine

I had a good Charger spotting day yesterday. Took a ride down to Columbus Indiana in the GL and saw a 1968 Charger black with red stripe. Passed througha  car show and saw a 1969 Charger in black with all sorts of street racing mods. Then on the way home saw a 1969 flat black Charger 318 car. Three Chargers in one day and all were black.

Ghoste

Saw a pale yellow 66 last night in a local bar and grille parking lot.  Of course I didn't have a camera which kind of pissed me off because the guy had removed all of the upper trim from the fenders, doors, and 1/4's and smoothed over the pinch welds.

Finn

Saw a third gen over at my friends house on Saturday and a 68, two 69s, and 1 or 2 other 2nd gen chargers I couldn't identify in the palmdale/little rock area, all in some guys yard. I tried to get pictures but all I had was my camera phone. Ill be going out there again today though so Ill try to remember to take the video camera since it has the best zoom. I still have yet to see a 68 driving though.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

joflaig

Saw a black '69 driving around today at lunch in West Allis, WI. Looked ok from a distance, anyone know it?

mikepmcs

Update on that 70 charger I saw a while ago(few posts up on this page).  My buddy Gene was taking a hot lap on his bike and said the car was not there anymore.  I have no information where it went or what happened to it. :shruggy: