News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has any one on here ever made a real one of these???

Started by tripleblkr/t, October 08, 2008, 08:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayCharger

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 07, 2009, 08:32:48 PM
Quote from: NorwayCharger on January 07, 2009, 02:15:56 PM
I think this will be the GL Charger that i like.
Stand out from the rest of the GL´s, and look cooler too..

Make your mind up man, in the other thread, you said you didn't care for the General Lee's now your saying your liking this one?  :-\ LOL

I said: i THINK this would be the GL Charger that i like....
But it stand out from the rest of the GL´s, and look cool too.

I kind of bored with all the ORANGE GL´s
Get your self a color monitor and you will see that there is some difference on this one. 
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

sunroofblacklee

Just another update pic with the grill all in it and the bumper installed. The new bumper still needs to be cleaned off and the cars really dusty so dont look to close ;).
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

sunroofblacklee

sunroofblacklee

mikepmcs

Man I better get to work on mine.. My grille is still sitting right next to me on the floor in my house. ;D  Looking good brother. :2thumbs:  Looks like you got the Duster all tucked in there nicely too.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

sunroofblacklee

Hey thanks Mike. Yes his street is right off Broadway just after his big base ball field he built.  When I was in high school I played basketball on the same team as his son Owen. It was pretty cool, he came to every one of our basketball games and use to buy us all kinds of stuff. His son is just like him, use to walk around school reading books all the time. If you ever come up this way feel free to stop by and check our place out, we always keep the fridge stocked up.

mikepmcs

Thanks.  You beat me to the answer. I tried to delete it before you read it but thanks for the answer.  The address was actually listed. :slap:
I don't know if I would want to be just like him though,  :lol: :coocoo: :image_294343:

Where did you order the decals anyway, I didn't read that in any of the posts or did I miss it.  When I get off my a$$ and finish mine maybe we could meet up for a picture taking session this summer.  As long as your's is in front of mine cause it's in way better shape.
Did you make your push bar, I just finished mine a few weeks ago.  I went with the long style as well this time.  My interior is almost all back together and today i'm putting the wheel trim back on(gotta drill holes in the new fenders), Might put the door decals back on as well after I wet sand and buff.  Are you lacking anything front end wise.  How are your leafs in the rear?  I have the compete front drum set up with hubs and a set of rear springs.  They are in the Uncle Henry's but I'll give them to you if you need them. 

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

sunroofblacklee

The decals were made from a guy up in Canada that sells pushbars as well, I cant remember his name. I'll be ordering one of the push bars from him pretty soon. Getting together this summer for pictures would be pretty cool, I think it'll look pretty cool driving next to an orange one.
Thanks for asking, but the leafs seem pretty good. I kept the ones that were on it and they seem to sit up pretty nice. The drums look pretty good as well. Thank you very much for offering them. I'd like to upgrade to disk eventually down the road.

bakerhillpins

Figured I would post my comments here after seeing your post to the How many General Lees? thread reminded me of my interest in your project...

Ok, I grew up on the Dukes and can completely understand the attraction to and nostalgia of the car, show, etc. On that note, General Lee Chargers are so prevalent that its just another GL, nice car yes, but its image is familiar and doesn't attract my attention. I guess its akin to the old saying, seen one, seen them all.

But your twist... this is cool!  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:  :popcrn: Great work! Very exciting and good to see someone venture out of the norm.

I think you are doing an outstanding job and hope that I am able to see it in person some day.

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1st_charger

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

69*F5*SE

sunroofblacklee

Thanks alot guys, I'll take some pictures tonight, just detailed the front end all up correctly and have the motor on it all ready to go in as soon as I get the hemi 4 speed bolted up to it. Then all I need to do is drop the car down on the whole assembly. Should be ready to fire up pretty soon :2thumbs:.

autodynamics

Tilar

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 19, 2009, 02:19:30 PM
This car is sick!  Let's see some more!

Ok, I'll fess up. I'm starting to get a few... Ok quite a few years behind me. Does sick mean good?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69*F5*SE

Quote from: Tilar on May 21, 2009, 04:20:46 PM
Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 19, 2009, 02:19:30 PM
This car is sick!  Let's see some more!

Ok, I'll fess up. I'm starting to get a few... Ok quite a few years behind me. Does sick mean good?

Yes, sick is a good thing   :2thumbs:  Our kids say the same stuff.

Tilar

Oh good, Because I've been seeing a whole lot of sick things lately and I was beginning to wonder.  :rofl:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

sunroofblacklee

Worked all weekend trying to get this ready, hope to have it ready by next weekend. Dynoed at 460hp and 520tq with smaller headers.  I cant wait to drive this thing!!!

sunroofblacklee

one more shot of the engine

sunroofblacklee

And the black lee waiting for her transplant...

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69*F5*SE

mikepmcs

jb666

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more of this beast!  :cheers: :cheers:

Hemidog