News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lots of pictures of 3rd Gen Charger R/Ts added. Please look!

Started by 71 RT, October 06, 2008, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 RT

I have just finished adding some new pictures of 1971 CHarger R/T's to my web site.  I have done this for any 3rd generation Charger fan who might be restoring a car.  When I was doing my car there were a few sites that were very helpful to me, so I am trying to return the favor.  If you want to see LOTS of pictures of 71 Charger R/Ts click on the link below, then on OTHER CHARGER R/T's.  Thanks to everyone who sent me pictures, and anyone else out there feel free to send them along and I will post them as a reference page.  Thanks.

www.1971chargerrt.com 

Mike

71 Bee Man

Quote from: 71 RT on October 06, 2008, 03:21:18 PM
I have just finished adding some new pictures of 1971 CHarger R/T's to my web site.  I have done this for any 3rd generation Charger fan who might be restoring a car.  When I was doing my car there were a few sites that were very helpful to me, so I am trying to return the favor.  If you want to see LOTS of pictures of 71 Charger R/Ts click on the link below, then on OTHER CHARGER R/T's.  Thanks to everyone who sent me pictures, and anyone else out there feel free to send them along and I will post them as a reference page.  Thanks.

www.1971chargerrt.com 

Mike

That's a great lot of pictures Mike. I was especially happy to see another 71 Owner with WHITE stripes. I can't believe they weren't an option.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

TruckDriver

Cool site. You have a lot of good info for my forum for all third gen Chargers. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

Nice site mike  :2thumbs: imo 71 chargers were the best looking mopar ever made. Your RT is beautiful!

G-man

I thought chargers were only made from 1968-1970  :nana:

Nice work and nice cars to  :cheers:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68RT4ME

Great picture you have there. Some really nice looking cars for sure. Are you starting a registry?
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

ramit

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Hemidoug

I'll have to send you some of mine....PM me with an email addy...
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Rubberduck

´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

kidsixpack

Mike
  That is a very nice site with lots of great pics.  Thanks for sharing!
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

71 RT

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys.  I appreciate all of them.  As far as starting a registry...not planning on it at this point.  I really don't know how many of these old cars are still even around.  Is there already a 71 Charger Registry?  I know the 68, 69, and 70 folks have one.  What about 71?
I really wanted to try to help others by having a site that other 71 owners could look at for restoration photos, or to look at different wheel and tire combinations.  This site was VERY helpful to me, lots of great guys willing to help others.  Anyway, thanks for taking the time to look, and send those photos to me if you want your 71 R/T included. 
Mike

nakita7

Nice site, and yes, they are awesome cars. As for 2nd gen guys thinking they have the superior product, it's just like the computer world...most of the world uses PC's and Windows, but us Mac users have the best kept secret in the world, and we'd like to keep it that way... :yesnod:

Here's my theory as to why the 71's are superior R/T's...

It's simple, compare an R/T and a plain vanilla Charger.

In 71 you got different, and extremely cool doors, the awesome louvered hood (my favourite) or the Ramcharger hood, the best exhaust tip ever produced on any Muscle Car, the nicest tailights (period) to ever come out of Detroit, rear window louvers, cool decal/emblem package and spoilers. On a plain vanilla, none of that (maybe special order spoiler?). Definite differences between the two.

In 69, the differences were a stripe/emblem package. That's it. From a distance, both look the same. No scoops, spoilers, different body parts, etc. 69's are cool cars too though.

I love all Charger R/T's from 68-71, I really do, but the 71 R/T really had it going on as far as a distinct option package, couple that with low production numbers, I firmly believe the 71 will be worth way more in 50 years. My kids prefer the 71 because "It looks newer and cooler". What will their kids prefer? Personally, my favourite is still the 72 Rallye though, best doors ever thought up and produced, but that's a different topic... :icon_smile_cool:

71 RT

Nakita7,
Some very good points.  I have always been amazed at the low production numbers compared to the 2nd generation R/Ts.  A lot fewer cars produced, maybe that is why I like the car so much.  Dont get me wrong, I like the 2 gen as well, but the lines on the 71 just look nice to me. 

nakita7

41husk

Quote from: 71 RT on October 16, 2008, 07:44:47 PM
Nakita7,
Some very good points.  I have always been amazed at the low production numbers compared to the 2nd generation R/Ts.  A lot fewer cars produced, maybe that is why I like the car so much.  Dont get me wrong, I like the 2 gen as well, but the lines on the 71 just look nice to me. 
:cheers: I love the 72 ralley. :2thumbs: and agree, greatest door design ever!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

71RT4ME

Quote from: nakita7 on October 11, 2008, 01:24:39 PM
Nice site, and yes, they are awesome cars. As for 2nd gen guys thinking they have the superior product, it's just like the computer world...most of the world uses PC's and Windows, but us Mac users have the best kept secret in the world, and we'd like to keep it that way... :yesnod:

Here's my theory as to why the 71's are superior R/T's...

It's simple, compare an R/T and a plain vanilla Charger.

In 71 you got different, and extremely cool doors, the awesome louvered hood (my favourite) or the Ramcharger hood, the best exhaust tip ever produced on any Muscle Car, the nicest tailights (period) to ever come out of Detroit, rear window louvers, cool decal/emblem package and spoilers. On a plain vanilla, none of that (maybe special order spoiler?). Definite differences between the two.

In 69, the differences were a stripe/emblem package. That's it. From a distance, both look the same. No scoops, spoilers, different body parts, etc. 69's are cool cars too though.

I love all Charger R/T's from 68-71, I really do, but the 71 R/T really had it going on as far as a distinct option package, couple that with low production numbers, I firmly believe the 71 will be worth way more in 50 years. My kids prefer the 71 because "It looks newer and cooler". What will their kids prefer? Personally, my favourite is still the 72 Rallye though, best doors ever thought up and produced, but that's a different topic... :icon_smile_cool:
I totally agree with your reasons why 71 R/T's are superior.Chrysler really pulled out all the stops in 71 and went over and above to make their muscle cars the coolest.GM and Ford were toning down in 71 and Mopar went right over the top instead.Think about the whole product line in 71.Duster 340 could have the huge 340 WEDGe decaled blackout hood treatment with Go Wings etc.The Demon 340 came out in 71.Road Runners and GTX's were outrageous.Sport Fury GT's had big decals and engines.Cudas and Challengers had every conceivable option too.71 was a great year for Mopars !

nakita7

Good points. Some say 70 was the pinnacle. I think that is old school because that theory is based on 'horsepower' rather than the overall packages you, me and Tim Wellborn have pointed out... :yesnod: