News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FOUND '99 Charger concept car

Started by 4forty, October 01, 2008, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4forty

Well not really, but it looks like Lambo got some inspiration from it. Not gonna bash the new turd Charger but...........what could have been!!!!

Autoblog:::Four-door Lamborghini Estoque unofficially revealed!

Charger-Bodie

IMO that thing is wicked ugly from the side! The 3/4 rear shot is pretty cool , but thats about it for me.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

4forty

the Charger is way bettter looking!

4forty

TK73

Quote from: 4forty on October 01, 2008, 10:18:35 AM

DROP-DEAD, SMOKING, F-IN HOT HOT HOT!!   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Was lucky enough to see it at the International show in Seattle 1999...

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Mopar440+6

That Lambo looks PISSED from the front though...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Old Moparz

I like it.   :cheers:

I'm not searching for it, but there were several years where Chrysler was involved with Lamborghini. I wonder if that has anything to do with this car.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

WingCharger

THAT IS FREAKING SWEET!!!!!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

I like it a bit more than the new Challenger. Wait, how can I say that? :nutkick:

4forty

I like it a bit more than the new Challenger. Wait, how can I say that? :nutkick:

You CAN say that because the '99 concept was better looking than the new Challenger, even though I love the Challlenger!

Be we all know what we ended up with for a Charger...... :'(

moparstuart

Quote from: 4forty on October 01, 2008, 03:11:53 PM

You CAN say that because the '99 concept was better looking than the new Challenger, even though I love the Challlenger!

Be we all know what we ended up with for a Charger...... :'(
that thing looks ok( and better then what we ended up with)  but it still has 4 doors  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

4forty

I think it looks pretty dam good regardless of doors....besides, it's a freakin Lambo, kinda tough to dislike any Lambo!!!!!!!!! I Grew up with many Countach posters on my walls!

"most" 4 doors have come a long way!!!

WingCharger

Hey Ds, can you extend the doors, and give us a coupe?

Big Lebowski

Looks cool but too much $$$ for me.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Aero426

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on October 01, 2008, 10:58:19 AM

It looks like an angry kitchen appliance.

bull

I REALLY wish they would have gone with the '99. :rotz:

Ghoste

The big difference was that the 99 concept began as a two door and Lutz (or Eaton?) came in and said to add a couple of extra doors.  The 06 began as a four door and stayed that way.  As for the Lambo, an "A" for effort but it just doesn't make it for me.  I think it would grow on me more easily than some other auto designs I don't initally take to but I can't get to like it yet.
I suppose if I could afford one though my opinion would begin to matter.

JPL

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on October 01, 2008, 10:58:19 AM

I would be too if they gave me 4 doors! :lol:

Mike DC

I liked that thing in 1999.  Everyone did.  But I got so tired of hearing about it during the run-up to the 2006 Chagnum's release. 

Daimler said at least a couple different times, plain as day, that they were not doing anything related to the '99 concept car.  But the idea was harder to kill than the Star Wars #7-9 sequel trilogy. 

Brock Samson

i think the Fisker Karma is the best lookin four door I've seen...
it's a pricy hybred..

those are solar panels on the roof, get used to them- they're gonna be all the rage...

Ghoste

Paint it white and add a red grille and it'd look like the Jokermobile.

bull

So what happened to the '99 concept car(s) anyway?

Finn

My friend was just showing my the lambo, thats one badass ****** ****** of a car. The only lambo that I could say Id like to have more than the 4 door is the revention  :D.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L