News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I SOUPED UP MY 95 CUMMINS 12 VALVE , 605 FT LBS @ THE REAR WHEELS !

Started by daytonalo, September 24, 2008, 11:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I bought a 95 Dodge ram 2500 Cummins , Auto for 1500.00 . I need it to tow my Backhoe and my 32 Skater , it would have been fine stock but why settle ? I installed new fuel plate which brings the Torque up to 605 @ the rear wheels ! I also installed cold air induction , mod the cat , installed T.Q lock up switch , increased fuel del rate and adj shift points . Let me say I know fast shit , 100  offshore race boats and owned over 50 muscle cars , this  land Yacht will burn rubber down the street and I don't think I ever owned a car that pulled harder from 60 to 120 ever ! There is plenty more power there but the trans is maxed out . By the way all the above mods are from a 36 years Cummins Engineer ! I  did all the above for only 260.00 This is my first Diesel and I will Never Ever buy a Gas truck again , My friends have been telling me for years to buy Diesel and what a blast !   Oh one more thing , 22 mpg on the Highway not towing , what mpg does a New Hemi ram get ??? 12 MPG !!! This thing will smoke a  Hemi Ram

Larry

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

daytonalo

i'm buying another truck and installing a Cummins in this Bronco .

Larry

jackel440

I'd just like to know where you got a cummins truck for 1500$ :shruggy:
I have been looking to sellmy 92 1/2 ton 4x4 for a while now while looking for a 3/4 ton too use on the farm.I havent seen a desiel  under $3000 around here.I did find one but I don't think there was much left of it. :lol:
I have a 96 3500 I bought new ,and them 12 valves are awesome.Were did you get your fuel plate?Mine is still stock with its whole165 hp :lol:
But man will it pull.your sure sounds fun :2thumbs:

daytonalo

TST .com  ask for Mark , really good guy . Make sure you dowel pin kit , that is if you did'nt fix that yet . You want the 605 kit . My truck is an one owner , extra cab , long bed , 2 wd Laramie with only 120 k , it runs like a rapped ape .

Larry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

daytonalo

If anyone on the Forum is driving a stock Cummins , you MUST modify your truck , the 605 Torque @ the rear wheels is a kit that was originally made by Cummins and they would stand behind there engine , bottom line WILL NOT HURT ENGINE !!! The auto trans is the weak link, with the 605 kit the trans will be fine . One more thing , every day I have someone who stops over and doubts that my Land Yacht Cummins is fast , I take them for a blast and after they get out they just stare at it in Disbelief , I love it !!! Side note 22 mpg on the highway !!!!

Larry

FJMG

Great #'s larry, a friend did the same to his 96 reg. cab, long box 4x4, awsome power! but we could only get 14 mpg when we went Troy's empty and 13 mpg coming back with a 28 ft x 8.5 ft wide car hauler. Glad to hear you are getting good mpg's.

daytonalo

I just got this , only towed local  so actual towing mileage is undetermined , but 14 Mpg towing is OK , try the same thing with a Ram Hemi mpg ??? Maybe 9 mpg .toque lock up switch ?? If not , he must do this , night and day!! I just smoked a new Mustang GT , I love this Hunk of Shit !!

Todd Wilson

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

daytonalo

For the record Sunshine , Torque is what moves you forward and more of it means you go faster !!! Ever been in a Hot-rodded Diesel ? it happened again yesterday , took a buddy for a ride , he was holding on for life , got out and said " WOW IS THAT LAND YACHT FAST AND IT'S ONLY A SIX CYLINDER !"

Charger-Bodie

I highly reccommend getting a transmission temp gauge if you dont already have one. So that way you know when you are giving it too much, Diesel trannys are not cheap.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1hot68 on September 30, 2008, 07:07:31 AM
I highly reccommend getting a transmission temp gauge if you dont already have one. So that way you know when you are giving it too much, Diesel trannys are not cheap.  :Twocents:
the secret to saving these automatic trans are to cut the factory line behind the nylon check valves , then run bigger rubber lines from the cut up to a new bigger aftermarket cooler in front of the radiator !!!    heat kills these tranny and the fatory lines clog up. The nylon check valves melt and the factory coolers are way to small. We have been doing this for 5 years on hundreds of dodge truck tranny and not one has failed since we have been doing it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Todd Wilson

Quote from: daytonalo on September 30, 2008, 06:46:01 AM
For the record Sunshine , Torque is what moves you forward and more of it means you go faster !!! Ever been in a Hot-rodded Diesel ? it happened again yesterday , took a buddy for a ride , he was holding on for life , got out and said " WOW IS THAT LAND YACHT FAST AND IT'S ONLY A SIX CYLINDER !"

It takes torque to pull and HP to go fast, dumbass!  Always has been and always will be.  Do some more mods and get your HP up and then see what it will do!

Todd

daytonalo

Old Moparz

Quote from: daytonalo on September 30, 2008, 09:10:44 AM
Smoked :icon_smile_big: a new Mustang GT Last , bring on your HOS !!!

I still think that motor in your Daytona would be cool.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

daytonalo

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on September 30, 2008, 09:12:45 AM
Do you have a part # for the cooler ? Napa ?
just use any big cooler but you have to get one that will fit !!!   napa should have one , we get them from oreillys here !!

daytonalo

moparstuart

I know you need to try and get it in front of the intercooler or where ever you can make it fit .
  you need the biggest cooler you can fit up there.  That intercooler is huge and take up lots of room

daytonalo

Anyone see Pinks the other night ? Cummins truck went 10.20 !! And probably weighed 6500 lbs GOT TORQUE ???

Charger-Bodie

The big cooler is also great advise, but Ialso would get a gauge so if you are running it hard and the tranny temp heads up you can back off to avoid damage.....cheap insurance.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

I know what you mean about the pulling between 60-120. My buddy has around an 05 with a cummins and he had some mods done and I couldnt believe it. The truck would pin you in your seat!!!