News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ok guys show me your paint!!!!

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, September 21, 2008, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

ok im in the process of disassmbly of my 69. shes goin in for paint in a few weeks. im undecided on the color, i know im keeping the vinyl roof and getting a r/t stripe painted on. i was also thinking of the v21 hood treatment.  i really like the color it is now so the same color might still be a possibility. im pulling the motor tranny, interior grill everything. this car is gonna be top notch when its back on the road.  im thinkinjg of some custon airbrushing aswell. maybe a little bit of fire im not really sure yet.

i just wanna see as many options as i can before i make my decision.

heres a pic of its current condition. well its a little bit apart now lol.   sorry about the crappy pic but i cant foind a low quality one to post. ill look some more.

Brightyellow69rtse

heres a pic of the type of fire my uncle can do.

FLG

If thats her original color, and you like it..i say keep it as it will add to originality

Personally i love triple black cars second after that would be red with the black vinyl roof, think the black/red contrast looks awesome. But at the same time ya gotta love the way black makes all that chrome pop.

And flames...dont like em on anything but rods

Brightyellow69rtse

the cars an original triple green car. i dont mind the green paint but the car will never be triple green as long as i own it.

hemi-hampton

Thats what I call the Lavellee Stenciled flames, I think I prefer the free hand Mickey Harris flames.  :scratchchin: :scratchchin: LEON.

yeahitsgotahemi!

The car looks pretty good in the picture. Why is it getting paint? Did it get wrecked, or are you striving for show quality perfect paint. Any of the high impact colors look good if thats what your going for. I'd be weary of flames on a yellow car, definately not subtle and would detract from a show quality paint job IMO. Unless they were ghost flames (muahhaha), which would be alright.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Brightyellow69rtse

the paint is very shiny but it has a couple bondo cracks, its chipped and stuff like that. the paint is over at least 13yo that i know of. so its time plus my unlcles doing it so its just a materials cost issue.

71 B5383

I had a 70 Swinger that was triple puke green. I went with the FJ5 Hi-Impact green,black vinyl top and white Bee stripe around the ass. Looked sweet,lots of compliments on the white stripe and black top. Was different from the norm.
Should've Kept My '66,That Was 6 Cars Ago
Currently-
  Rust Free 71(383,GB5,HardTop) Charger
  Soon To Be An FJ5 Stock 69 440 Magnum'd 3.55'd
   Correct "LOOKING" Super Wanna Bee
        (by the way,gotta 71 Super Bee hood 4 sale?)
           some cash and my 72 Power Bulge hood?

71 B5383

engine bay
Currently-

71 B5383

Currently-

BlueSS454

Mine after I painted and before I put the decals on it...

Tom Rightler

KS71owner

Here's mine, a '71 in FJ6. Paint is DuPont Centari.

472 R/T SE

I don't know if you want to paint it a color not original for your year and purple prolly wouldn't look good with flames.  :shruggy:  But it gives me an excuse to post one of the pix I took this afternoon.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 25, 2008, 08:04:38 PM
I don't know if you want to paint it a color not original for your year and purple prolly wouldn't look good with flames.  :shruggy:  But it gives me an excuse to post one of the pix I took this afternoon.

That thing looks AWESOME!!!  :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5: Nice wheels by the way!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RJS

My paint was done about 2 years ago now, had the car apart for almost 3 years. It's B-5 PPG base/clear

RJS

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71Charger JT

1971 Super Bee

Back N Black

Another option.

KS71owner

knitz01