News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent Photos

Started by Shakey, September 15, 2008, 07:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Hello All,   :wave:

It's been quite some time since I have made any real progress on my project as there has been a lot going on in the past year or so.  We moved to another house last Fall and took on some renovations which took up a lot of time.  Once we did settle in, it was nice to enjoy the new home on weekends throughout the Winter months.  Spring brought new projects to the homestead as we did some landscaping and have we a couple of other things on the go.

With all of that, plus the social calendar my Wife arranges, we've been flat out busy.  Hell, we haven't been out to the farm since August 1st which means I haven't seen or worked on my car much this Summer.   :RantExplode:

One of the tractors needs some engine work which means the shop is required and my car must be moved.  Believe it or not, this was great motivation.   :yesnod:  The mechanical aspects of the car are almost all complete and I am at the stage where I can start thinking about getting the interior in.  We'll see how that goes and how long that takes.   :scratchchin:

Anyways, the car saw direct sunlight for the first time in 3 years yesterday and I took that opportunity to snap some photos and do a burnout or two on the road in front of the farm.

:drive:

Although these photos don't show a lot of progress since it first went into hiding, there has been a lot done.   :buff:

I figured you folks would appreciate these!   :cheers:

Shakey

:D

Old Moparz

Nice photos, & nice piece of land you got.   :2thumbs:

I bet you couldn't stop smiling driving the car around, but it must be tough scraping bugs off your teeth since you don't have a windshield. :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Back N Black

Car looks good Mike, i like the stance. What springs do you have in the rear?

bull

Just 6T9 CHGR

Lookin' good Mike...keep it up :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Magnumcharger

Nice car!
Looks like your lens is pretty dirty though....or my glasses need cleaning....(see pic)
And, where's the burnout pics?? ;)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Shakey

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 15, 2008, 07:35:38 AM
Nice photos, & nice piece of land you got.   :2thumbs:

I bet you couldn't stop smiling driving the car around, but it must be tough scraping bugs off your teeth since you don't have a windshield. :D

Hiya Bob,

Thanks and thanks, even though the land is not mine.  It has been in the family (In-Laws) since 1793 and we feel we are very fortunate to be able to bring the children out there to play and explore.

Yes, I did have a grin from ear-to-ear when I drove the car from the barn over to the house to show the girls.  The burnout was accidental as I barely touched the throttle and the rears lit up!

Shakey

Quote from: Back N Black on September 15, 2008, 08:37:50 AM
Car looks good Mike, i like the stance. What springs do you have in the rear?

Eaton Springs.

I am not 100% sure on the stance, I am thinking I'd like to raise the front up just slightly to even it out.  I've got time before I get to that.

Thanks.

Shakey

Curtis, Chris & Allen - thanks! 

Shakey

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 15, 2008, 09:50:56 AM
Nice car!
Looks like your lens is pretty dirty though....or my glasses need cleaning....(see pic)
And, where's the burnout pics?? ;)

Never looked at the lens before taking photos.  It's my Mother-in-Laws camera that is used around the farm so yes, it may need to be cleaned.

As far as burnout pics, the only reminder I have is about a 30 foot dual patch on the road in front of the house.

Blown70

Sure looks good Mike.    :2thumbs:  I have followed a lot of your restoration threads for some info when I need some info. GREAT PHOTOS. 

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dodge Don

Hey Mike, looking good  :cheers:

It must have felt great to finally hit the go pedal. You are definitely going to be ready for next summer.

Colour me jealous  :'(

tan top

wondered how it wa going  :yesnod:   looks good     Shakey   :yesnod: :2thumbs:  ......   :popcrn:...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

Shakey

hemigeno

Shakey, your car looks awesome!  Nice stance, and I've always loved F6 on a '69 Charger.  I'm sure that little bit of fun & frolic got your motivation level back up where it belongs.  Hope things settle down for you a bit more...

:2thumbs: :cheers:

Khyron

Love the color, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

Lookin good Shakey! when does the vinyl go on?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

472 R/T SE

You're an inspiration for all Shakey.   :bow:

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Shakey on September 15, 2008, 09:55:59 AM

The burnout was accidental as I barely touched the throttle and the rears lit up!

Yeah right.......... :slap:
I always use the same excuse if my wife gives me a angry look when I spin the tyres....

Anyway your car looks great and you'll be driving it sooner than you know now....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

mikepmcs

Very nice Mike!   :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: hemigeno on September 15, 2008, 11:27:38 PM
Shakey, your car looks awesome!  Nice stance, and I've always loved F6 on a '69 Charger.  I'm sure that little bit of fun & frolic got your motivation level back up where it belongs.  Hope things settle down for you a bit more...

:2thumbs: :cheers:

Hi Gene,

Thanks!

Yes, the 4 or 6 "mini cruises" back and forth from the farm to the house certainly did raise my level of motivation however the Wife still has a number of activities on our social calendar that don't include us being out at her parents place until mid October.  This is not all that bad 'cause we do have a lot of fun with our friends, but man I would like to dedicate a few weekends in a row to get things going again at more of a steady pace.