News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another question for nacho

Started by 69chargerR/T, September 13, 2008, 10:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

I was reading your posts to see witch alts are better. The alts with the  stator  covered buy the housing are the alts with the bigger stator,is this right, like the one in the pic on your car. I wanted to know because I have two alts one with the housing covering the stator, and one that you can see the stator in between the housing. witch alt has the bigger stator ? I think I know the answer but I just want to make sure, so I keep the alt with the bigger stator. Alan

Nacho-RT74

in stock form making a plug and play, the one with covered stator carries a bigger stator inside, what makes it able to capture more magnetic field around, and charges better at iddle. I have noticed that in several of those alternators. They were used on lates 70s and 80s cars, where the demand of electrical power was increased.

BUT you can get MORE when upgrading any alternator with those kits available ( quick start kits ), no matter year or if single or dual field alt. I haven't tested yet, but sooner or later will do. I'm just quoting what kit specs offers.

I'm running one of the lates alts in stock form in my car since 3 or 4 years now and I'm VERY happy with it, specially being a PLUG AND PLAY job, running A/C all the time ( mostly of time low and mid speed blower ) and halogen sealed beams, but will upgrade my old one for sure to get MORE... probably will go with 105 amps kit sooner or later.

I get SOMETIMES a slight discharge reading when stop and traffic light on night with everything working. Nothing wrong with that because when begin to ride again, get charged allmost instantly, but will try for even better power source anyway.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69chargerR/T

Thanks for the info nacho :2thumbs: I have an alt with the covered stator I'm going to use that one. Thanks again, Alan