News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chassis Dyno Results on 512 stroker

Started by joflaig, September 11, 2008, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

Finally got the car on the chassis dyno. I think the results were about as expected. The fuel/air ratio was 10.5 : 1 on the first run. 12 : 1 on the second and after 6 runs and lots of fiddling with the carb and jetting I think they said the final mix was 12.8 : 1 (81 on the primary and 86 on the secondary).

I was told they left it a little fat because they didn't know what my driving habits would be. The highest HP # they saw was 409 at the rear wheels. A few months ago we dynoed at the crank at 543 hp and 612 fpt.

The results:
http://johnflaig.com/GL/dyno/chassis.pdf

This is the build:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36197.180.html

And no I have not yet driven this thing, hope to do so sometime in the next week. It's getting an alignment today!

General_01

Very nice. It would be nice if you could keep that extra 132 hp to the rear wheels though. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

oldschool

so you loose 25% thru the drivetrain? most people say you should loose 18-20% with a auto,and 15-17% with a manual.
i thought it was higher too. i always wanted to see a comparison between a engine and chassis dyno. good info to know.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

joflaig

Quote from: oldschool on September 11, 2008, 07:20:14 PM
so you loose 25% thru the drivetrain? most people say you should loose 18-20% with a auto,and 15-17% with a manual.
i thought it was higher too. i always wanted to see a comparison between a engine and chassis dyno. good info to know.

Well it depends too on your gearing and torque conveter, in this case 3.54 gears and a 2800 stall - 3400 stall range. Also, different dyno machines will give different readings. I'm sure the experts can chime in on that. I was most concerned with just getting it properly tuned here.

375instroke

Looks like you're only starting the pull at over 4500RPM, and the waviness looks like the tires are spinning on the rollers or something.  Chassis dynos make a few assumptions when calculating power.  They don't actually measure it.  They just measure how fast they accelerate the rollers.

dstryr

Did you have any porting work done on your heads?  Flow #s?    I didn't read the whole 'build' thread to see.

Thanks!
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.