News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargerman68 here's the story and its not pretty

Started by Rat Exterminator, September 10, 2008, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Rat,

In my opinion, being that I work in the law enforcement field, you have given him more than enough time to come up with the funds to be delivered to your door or at least some kind of tracking number PROVING he did send it.  I would talk to your local law enforcement agency now as on top of fraud, it now has an additional charge of theft since he received the item and did not send payment.  So, again, in my opinion, you have a theft case with your local pd and a fraud case with his local pd.  Either way, the charges are starting to stack up against this guy.  If his wife had anything to do with this, that would just be another conspiracy charge against her.

Still hoping the best for you.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

Quote from: resq302 on September 22, 2008, 09:03:54 AM

you have given him more than enough time to come up with the funds

Resq, I totally agree with you.  But, I hope we haven't become so sympathetic about such matters as giving "time to come up with the funds". 

Basically, he held Greg's money for nearly 7 weeks! (SENT AUGUST 4th).  Should we really have to wait for him to "come up" with the money to pay Greg back??   :eek2:

I realize its been tough for all these days. He's enlisted rank E-5 - Petty officer 2nd Class (PO2) which is the Navy's fifth enlisted rank. A non-commissioned officer.

A Petty Officer Second Class is equivalent to a Sergeant in the United States Army and Marine Corps, and a Staff Sergeant in the United States Air Force.

I'd say their doing okay financially....not great, but still okay by most comparisions.  Therefore returning someone elses $425 shouldn't be this damn hard!  :Twocents: :Twocents:

Greed has overcome honor.  :down:

SFRT

I wonder how many people have gotten burned by this dude that dont post on these sort of boards. His 'scamming' might in fact, equal to a lot of dough, most of it from people that worked their asses off to be able to get parts for their dream cars.

heartbreaking. I myself got burned a couple of times for 'bunk' parts from edouchers, and it was such a horrible thing, as, hey I'm n ot rich , and that crap that was unusable really knocks a hole in things project-wise.

every dollar I spend on the car has to be taken away from other things I need in life, and for someone to just basically, steal from his 'fellow hobbyists' is just soooooooooooo scummy.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chris G.

Quote from: SFRT on September 22, 2008, 11:19:37 AM
I wonder how many people have gotten burned by this dude that dont post on these sort of boards. His 'scamming' might in fact, equal to a lot of dough, most of it from people that worked their asses off to be able to get parts for their dream cars.

The sad part is, many on this board will forgive them once Rat gets his money back. I see no reason why they should be forgiven for anything. If this guy Rat didn't show up here, he would have been just another victim of the Pauley's.

It's gonna be a sad day around here when I start reading posts about how Chargerman68 gave the money back, so he's all good now.  :rotz:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Steve P. on September 19, 2008, 07:16:24 PM
They SHOULD have known that a standard AM radio was NOT worth $425.00. Thus being the case the seller SHOULD have contacted the bidders and corrected the mistake LONG before taking the money or sending it out.. 

Well, they needed to pay for that new HEMI some way ::) :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

Quote from: Chris G. on September 22, 2008, 04:18:23 PM
Quote from: SFRT on September 22, 2008, 11:19:37 AM

The sad part is, many on this board will forgive them once Rat gets his money back. I see no reason why they should be forgiven for anything. If this guy Rat didn't show up here, he would have been just another victim of the Pauley's.

It's gonna be a sad day around here when I start reading posts about how Chargerman68 gave the money back, so he's all good now.  :rotz:

Are you kidding. I thought it was totally hilarious when this thread was going and showing what a scumbag he is and at the same time people were on his thread about his car being in a magazine and giving him pats on the back for it. :smilielol:

I for one won't be forgiving this loser. Hope he stays gone since were not worthy of his presence anymore because we hate scammers. What a POS. ::)
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

After all this how would anyone come back around and act like nothing happened? We will see but I bet he doesn't come back. Hopefully Rat's money will though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

I would bet the turn over on the site is huge.  I wonder how many different names representatives from hlpag have registered under?  I bet someone from that Co. still lurkes around here.  All they have to do is change there user name and register again.  The problem is if your a scammer you don't change your ways.  They will eventually screw someone again.  Many congratulated them on the car being in a publication, that was the name of the thread.  If you had not been screwed by them how would you know?  I am by no way defending them.  I hope all the scammers stay away, but that won't happen, and I doubt the people who remmber this thread ever welcome them back. money returned or not.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The70RT

Quote from: 41husk on September 22, 2008, 07:14:18 PM
I would bet the turn over on the site is huge.  I wonder how many different names representatives from hlpag have registered under?  I bet someone from that Co. still lurkes around here.  All they have to do is change there user name and register again.  The problem is if your a scammer you don't change your ways.  They will eventually screw someone again.  Many congratulated them on the car being in a publication, that was the name of the thread.  If you had not been screwed by them how would you know?  I am by no way defending them.  I hope all the scammers stay away, but that won't happen, and I doubt the people who remmber this thread ever welcome them back. money returned or not.

When you look at uses that are logged on and it shows "hidden" what's up with that?

Ghoste

Quote from: General_01 on September 22, 2008, 05:00:10 PM
Are you kidding. I thought it was totally hilarious when this thread was going and showing what a scumbag he is and at the same time people were on his thread about his car being in a magazine and giving him pats on the back for it.

Actually, the back patting ended a day or two before this thread started.  Once this one exposed them, that thread also became a calling out.

derailed

Wow, I just came across this thread for the first time. Hope you get your refund Rat. Its getting pretty scary out there now days when you almost have to buy everything COD anymore. That newspaper article kills me. "He is being held on charges that he is a complete douchebag" :smilielol: How true.

The70RT

TUFCAT

I just checked Moparts for an update.... As of Tuesday evening Sept 23, Greg has not heard a word or received any $ from them.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: ......

Here's the Moparts link:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4626412&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

On Sept 11th, Anthony posted this statement on Dodgecharger.com

"i am refunding the money for the radio due too my mistake on which one that i had was not an am/fm i guess but that was what i was told it was..there is nothing more i can do becuase you guys already ade up your minds about everything."  ....He was last active on September 23, 2008, at 12:40:17 PM

On September 10th, Charity posted this statement on Dodgecharger.com

"I can't say it enough I AM SORRY!  We messed up and will refund the money." ....She was last active on September 18, 2008, at 10:19:11 PM

IT'S TIME FOR THE POLICE TO SAY HELLO!!!    :patrol:

Like Brian (resq302) already alluded,  this thread should be enough evidence of wrong doing to get the local San Diego police involved.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

The70RT

Steve P. said he was gonna turn Pauley into his commander. I think now would be a good time. He has had plenty of time to return his money.

41husk

I bet there scrambling for time because they don't have the money :rotz:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

TUFCAT

Remember.....they actually had this guys money (and should have returned it long ago)! ....like the saying goes, "Pay me now" ..."or pay me later". The latter could be court costs, or a loss of a military career.  :Twocents: :Twocents: 

Many of us don't like you people .....so until Rat get his money, this won't stop.  :nana:

This mess could have been avoided a LONG time ago ...... and you still have an easy path out! :angel:

For the sake of your family and kids, I hope this doesn't go to your Navy commander, or the local, state, or federal authorities.....'caus that could really be FUBAR.  :patriot:

Rat Exterminator

Well, I've been out of town for a few days. No emails, no refund, nothing. I just emailed Tony and Charity, to see if they will respond. Charity was good enough to respond that she'd be home to sign on the 3rd day, so hopefully she'll respond. If not I'll have to do as suggested and start with the local police and go from there. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Thanks for the help all.  Greg

Edit: Within 30 minutes Charity replied that she will be getting me a check out this week. I appreciate her help in getting this cleaned up.

General_01

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

Can't say it is a surprise. Sorry Rat. Good luck.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TUFCAT

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on September 28, 2008, 08:07:35 PM

Edit: Within 30 minutes Charity replied that she will be getting me a check out this week. I appreciate her help in getting this cleaned up.

AWESOME!  :thumbup:

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

Marck

resq302

Quote from: Rat Exterminator on September 28, 2008, 08:07:35 PM

Yes, but wasn't that check sppposed to be mailed out a while ago?  Also, just a suggestion, when you do get the check, bring it to one of their banks where the check is drawn against so their bank will have to cash it just in case they put a stop payment on it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

The DC.Com LieDetectomatic is awesome!!..... even a DC.com logo is hanging on the wall!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

41husk

Checks in the mail :rofl: hmmmm seems like I herd that some were before :shruggy: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904