News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

matching headers to other parts

Started by six-tee-nine, September 07, 2008, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

I'm was doing some homework and was looking for at some web pages an checking out some stuff.....

I was thinking a set of 2" headers would be nice for the 440 based 512 stroker i have in mind, so me checking out the tti website, and I just found out that 2" headers will not clear any 11" bellhousing.
Damn....

Does that mean i'll be looking for a 10.5" bellhousing and smaller flywheel or would a pair of 1.7/8" headers do just fine for a 512.
Or can I "make them fit?

to give some additional info, I'm gonna build an engine for 98% of street use. 500 horses will do just fine but I want all the torque i can squeeze out of it.
Heads will probably be Eddy's or maybe even indy's...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

oldschool

i use tti,s 2" step on my 500" motors.they all have a lakewood bellhousing.the bellhousing is pretty big,i had to clearence a half moon recess on the pass. side.other than that they fit real good. FYI,  on your heads check the exhaust port location before ordering headers. some of the aftermarket heads have raised ports. if you can fit 2" headers,thats what that motor will want. :cheers:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

firefighter3931

On a mild 512 street build the 1 7/8in headers are fine....if those will work use them  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68n70

What a coincidence, I just happened to peruse the TTI site today looking at their (expensive) headers and I saw the same thing as you.  But if you look at their installation instructions, they tell you they WILLl work if you clearance just as oldschool states.

Musicman

500 HP - 440 street motor designed for torque :scratchchin:... I wouldn't run anything over 1-7/8" myself  :Twocents: