News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally some luck....(pics)

Started by Harlow, August 30, 2008, 03:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I found two chargers today. Well I didn't find the first one. I had been talking with the owner via email. The car is not listed or for sale publicly. Anyways I went out this morning to check out the car. Its very solid. I didn't see any rust issues. I does have a dent behind the drivers side door down low. Its a original 318 car now with a '71 440 in it. It cranks, but hasn't been run in years. The interior is in disarray, but I think if I were to clean it out and put some things back together it would look 10 times better. The dash is shot. The grill and tail lights look good to me. What do you guys think a fair price would be? He told me what he wants for it. It seems reasonable.

I was told by a local guy around here about a '69 charger he had seen. It was a pretty far drive so I was waiting till I made a run out that way for something else. Well I figured I'd go try to find it after looking at the '72. I was able to find the '69 and talk with the owners of the house. Its his friends car. Been sitting since '85. He gave me is friends phone number (he wants the car off his property). I'm really hoping to get this car. and if I can make some money off the '72 to offset the cost of the '69 I might try to see if I can buy both. Or if I can't afford the '69 maybe I'll just pick up the '72.

So what do you guys think?

The70RT

Personnaly I wouldn't give more than 6-7 but it is probably worth around a grand or  :shruggy:. Cleaned up and running you could maybe make some on it. Good luck on the second gen  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Harlow

Alright. Its not as good of a deal as I thought. He told me he wanted $1600.

Drache

Quote from: Harlow on August 30, 2008, 05:38:49 PM
Alright. Its not as good of a deal as I thought. He told me he wanted $1600.

In Canada that would be a starting point for an asking price, and $1200 would be the final.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dodgecharger-fan

If I had room for it, I'd pay 1600 for that.

Especially if you're right about the lack of rust issues...

Finn

I think 1600 would be the max Id go...and Id really have to want that particular car.
1200 sounds better to me. :Twocents:
Any pics of the 69?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Harlow

Yeah I got a few. I asked the guy "If I could take a quick peek" so I didn't want to get overly nosy, but I managed a few pics. Its real solid and straight. Its a C code car, but looks like it was a street brawler back in the day. No passenger or rear seats, just a single bucket seat up front, B/M floor shifter and it had street slicks on it. The reason the rear wheels are gone now is someone stopped back in the 80's and bought just the rear wheels off the car.

1969chargerrtse

If he wants 1600.00 offer him 1200.00 and leave your number and he'll call. :yesnod:  I'd go for the 69 all day long.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Harlow

Quote from: Drache on August 30, 2008, 06:23:46 PM
What was the price on the '69?  :shruggy:

No idea. I only talked with the friend who has been storing the car forever. He gave me the owners phone number.

The70RT

Quote from: Harlow on August 30, 2008, 06:26:56 PM
Quote from: Drache on August 30, 2008, 06:23:46 PM
What was the price on the '69?  :shruggy:

No idea. I only talked with the friend who has been storing the car forever. He gave me the owners phone number.

Wow that 69 is pretty straight. I would be on that if he is selling it.

GreenMachine

The hideaways and the bulge hood are worth about half that by themselves. That is a bulge hood isn't it? I'd buy it, but I'd try for the '69 first and if there was money left over get the '72 as well.   :Twocents:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

69charger2002

the 69 looks to be in great shape.. definitely was bumped ont he right rear at one time. the taillight is crooked a bit.. probably halfway decent fixed. the 72 doesn't look nearly as clean and isn't worth nearly as much. get that 69!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Harlow

I just called on the '69. Hes not interested in selling it at all. I figured he wouldn't want to sell. Too bad. Its a nice car. At least it isn't rusting away...

I don't know about that '72. The dent looks like its going to be a PITA to fix and get the door lined up and closing correctly. It does have a supposedly good 440 in it though. Lately I've just been thinking of going with a '67-69 A body. Something that I could buy running/driving and just have fun with. Maybe just make a fun ground pounder. I don't know.

The70RT

Yeah I would pass on that 72 unless you want to put a lot of money in it to be somewhat nice. I would rather have someting older too.