News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flipper

Started by ChargerST, August 26, 2008, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

THATS JUST WROOOOOONG. Flippers find them and get them in the market to be reserected. Whats wrong with someone dragging an old junker home and seeing if it can be saved? By the time you drag it home you have money invested in it. Time is money, space is money.....of course if you resold you would ask for more.  ::) Almost all car guys flip unless they don't own any property or don't work on their own cars.....or maybe they work 2 jobs to pay for their cars because lack of tools / skills. So saying that is if you can't flip a car because lots of times you have to work on them to make anything on them anyway.  :shruggy: if you filp and fund your car hobby that is a smart enthusest. I would rather make money on cars then work more and have less hobby time. GAY? thats what all the teenagers say for everything the dissagree on  :rotz: Also flippers are into cars more than the average guy. Flippers search and find the cars and an average guy waits till someone tells him about a car intead of hustling the deal himself. :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BMOTOXSTAR

I do not know about that. I search for what I am looking for. If I relied on someone telling me where a Mopar is then I would never even have had any in my life. :Twocents:
I am average and I know what I like and I do the research and go find it. That is part o the fun of the hobby.
I should have never even posted in this cause' I knew I would get pissed and we have more flippers than hobby enthusiasts on here as of late. I could be wrong, that is just how I perceive it lately.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

californiadoug

I will probably restore that car anyway. But it is in such nice shape I thought I would offer it to anyone first. I paid $1500 over asking price for it and am negotiable on my price. Of all the cars I have had I have only just turned around and sold one Charger and one Cuda without doing a complete restore on them so I am hardly a flipper. Also, despite what some may think, people that buy and sell classics are often people like myself trying to stay afloat not some rich wealthy dudes. I have a high scholl buddy that partnered up with me for us to do these cars. I rent a 2 bedroom with a loft, 1000 sq ft home with a wife and 3 kids so I am definately not some rich dude with a big showroom and loads of cash.  If I see a chance to make an honest buck I will since it is a struggle to deal with bills and I work literally about 60-70 hours a week like alot of people that restore cars.  If you think doing this sort of work is easy, it is not and it is very high stakes gambling and I have lost my a** many times on it and it is one of the hardest and most stressful types of work you could actually do. 

The70RT

Quote from: californiadoug on August 30, 2008, 12:17:36 PM
I will probably restore that car anyway. But it is in such nice shape I thought I would offer it to anyone first. I paid $1500 over asking price for it and am negotiable on my price. Of all the cars I have had I have only just turned around and sold one Charger and one Cuda without doing a complete restore on them so I am hardly a flipper. Also, despite what some may think, people that buy and sell classics are often people like myself trying to stay afloat not some rich wealthy dudes. I have a high scholl buddy that partnered up with me for us to do these cars. I rent a 2 bedroom 1000 sq ft home with a wife and 3 kids so I am definately not some rich dude with a big showroom and loads of cash.  If I see a chance to make an honest buck I will since it is a struggle to deal with bills and I work literally about 60-70 hours a week like alot of people that restore cars.  If you think doing this sort of work is easy, it is not and it is very high stakes gambling and I have lost my a** many times on it and it is one of the hardest and most stressful types of work you could actually do. 

It isn't like I am a flipper either but yeah i agree every once in awhile you get a good deal.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ColleyvilleCharger

SFRT

I say better to flip it  than 'restore it'. if you paid 13.5 K for that Charger its going to be in pretty bad shape, and even a 'halfway decent' restoration would run, at the minimum 35,000 dollars

for a decent engine rebuild, suspension redo, body,paint, all those bits and pieces etc. Then you have a 'ok charger' that you have 50K or so invested into it....rule of thumb for any business is at least 50% profit, so you would have to be able to sell some 'regular' charger in 'pretty decent shape' for 75K in order to make it worthwhile.

impossible.

hence, the plethora of HLPAG type 'restored cars'.

unless you are really lucky and inherit one or something, or can plonk down a fat 60K up front for a 85% decent finished car, the average 'charger hobbyist' is better off trying to find the most decent shape ride and fixing it up themselves.

also, I am willing to bet that even some dude that has a super trick hemi whatver blah blah blah and sells it for 120K or whatever after a 'real resto' is still losing money.

I just do not see how its possible for anyone to offer decent 'restored' cars as a sort of small dealer.

theres just no way.

unless you can say flip 10 cars quickly, make a fast 100K THEN spend 50-60 K on a rreal good resto of a 5000 hulk and sell THAT for $$$$$$....pretty far fetched tho.

In my business, 'professional flippers' serve 1 very important purpose-they keep the aftermarket value of collectibles at artificially high levels, benefiting the manufacturers of those items.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Troy

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 29, 2008, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: RD on August 29, 2008, 11:47:16 PM
Quote from: bull on August 26, 2008, 09:50:38 PM
Everyone hates a flipper until they get the chance to be one.

oh the wisdom in this statement is all-inclusive and should be re-read by all.

:iagree:  This thread should be locked because it has turned into the Cars for Sale section back when you were able to respond to the sale posts.

Yup...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.