News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flipper

Started by ChargerST, August 26, 2008, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

californiadoug

First off, I found the car for sale under garage sales before it was even listed under cars on craigslist. I emailed the guy and was very honest with him and told him that I restore these cars and I told him that it was worth alot more. I told him if advertised in the right place he could get around $20k for it quite easily. He said he was getting what he wanted out of it and I actually gave him $1500 extra over the $12k for it. I don't see anything wrong with buying and reselling a car for more. If any of you people complaining about it have a better way to help support my wife and three kids... let me know. So I guess the people complaining have all sold extra parts for only a few bucks right?!!!  :2thumbs: Come on folks... get real!!! I don't particularly care to see cars going up in price but that's the way it goes. Also, I NEVER hide stuff on cars and disclose everything on any car I have ever sold to the best of my knowledge. Yes the car has some rust... I never said it didn't. Anyone that wants the car would certainly be told everything about the car AND it will be in writing. If no one wants the car as it is then I will restore it.

rav440

Quote from: californiadoug on August 26, 2008, 11:38:59 PM
First off, I found the car for sale under garage sales before it was even listed under cars on craigslist. I emailed the guy and was very honest with him and told him that I restore these cars and I told him that it was worth alot more. I told him if advertised in the right place he could get around $20k for it quite easily. He said he was getting what he wanted out of it and I actually gave him $1500 extra over the $12k for it. I don't see anything wrong with buying and reselling a car for more. If any of you people complaining about it have a better way to help support my wife and three kids... let me know. So I guess the people complaining have all sold extra parts for only a few bucks right?!!!  :2thumbs: Come on folks... get real!!! I don't particularly care to see cars going up in price but that's the way it goes. Also, I NEVER hide stuff on cars and disclose everything on any car I have ever sold to the best of my knowledge. Yes the car has some rust... I never said it didn't. Anyone that wants the car would certainly be told everything about the car AND it will be in writing. If no one wants the car as it is then I will restore it.

:2thumbs: theres nothing wrong with making $$$ and being honest on the sale .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

bamadukefan02

Its called capitalism (sp), its what this country's economy was built on.  If the car is worth $22k then there is nothing illegal or immoral about what he is doing.  I have seen plenty of people on this site and others list a part that they got for free or for dirt cheap while doing a little horse trading, that's the same thing he is doing except he is selling an entire car instead or the extra left tail light from a 68 that he got for free.  What HLPAG does is wrong not this.  On this one he was the early bird and he got the worm thats the bottom line

Holt

Death1970Proof

Quote from: californiadoug on August 26, 2008, 11:38:59 PM

:shruggy:
I dont see anything wrong with this....I mean the car seems well represented and he's not out to sh** anybody clearly so I see no harm here. Us car guys have to make $$$ to put toward our projects and I see no harm in making $$$. If you do it to s*** people like HLPAG does then that is a problem. 
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

BigBlockSam

Quotemean what is the big deal

it just makes it harder for a regular Joe to get his dream car at a price he can afford .  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69charger2002

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 27, 2008, 07:30:56 PM
Quotemean what is the big deal

it just makes it harder for a regular Joe to get his dream car at a price he can afford . :Twocents:

that's a cop out. if the average joe wants one bad enough they will be looking hard.. high and low. and when that 12k deal comes along , they will be first to act on it. no sympathy from me. there are plenty out there for the average joe to get.   :pity:   :rotz:

and rene, seriously. along those same lines wouldnt you agree about as many people get pissed off when 1 man owns 10 or so mopars as compared to a flipper?? i think so. but you and i both know that shouldn't keep the regular joe from getting his dream mopar..we both own a lot and it's not hurting anyone..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

DodgeChargerNeeded

If it was by me for 12k I would have jumped on it messed with it a little and probably flipped it. Gotta be in the right place at the right time and have money of course
Jeff

The70RT

So he makes some gonna make some money .........good.  I would rather make money then buy one then decide later to sell and you don't get what you need back. Anyone who deals in cars of any magnatude has been there done that. Your right for the average Joe it is harder get a deal to fall in his lap any more too often. Some say some have all the luck....well no their not just lucky they have a passion and never stop looking for deals  :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

Quoteand when that 12k deal comes along , they will be first to act on 

what if he's only got ten . now the guys willing to deal . here comes a flipper ,   :whistling:  he's got deep pockets, thinks he can make some scratch on the car . first guy's deal went out the window although they where close. i think he was gonna throw  in an old jock strap he had . just to sweeten the deal .

flippers change the scene. thats a fact . if you got real deep pockets . then flippers don't matter  but if you don't , you need luck . rite place rite time.   :yesnod: 

i lost a superbird like that one time . i was gonna give cash and a harley . a guy from one of those classic car dealers came and it was gone in 2 days .

i know that there's nothing wrong with making money but it does affect the hobby and puts some special cars out of the hands of the regular guy.

:icon_smile_cool:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

skip68

I have to admit I've got no problems with flippers as I've done the same.  You just have to know when to jump and be ready to do so as well.  I have a great story about a charger that I got a few years ago that was crafty and legal but not very moral.   :rotz:  :icon_smile_big:   I would love to tell.  I think I'll start a new topic about what I did to a flipper.  :smilielol:  I think most of you here will say that was dam crafty and funny and I hope that the flipper is NOT a member here.    :scratchchin:  Lisa say's maybe I better not say anything at all.   Any flippers in the Ca. Bay area here or does anybody here know of one in the Bay Area ? ? ?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dads_69

I almost forgot about my sale along time ago. I sold a '69 charger running w/a 383 auto condition wise, 1 being perfect 5 being scary, it was a #2 car for $20.00 to a friend of mine.
I was beyond pissed off at the car that day, long story short, my buddy still owns the charger, 16 years later and won't sell it to anyone, he's been offered 30 grand for it and laughed at the wanna be buyer and he has not done a damn thing to the car to date since he bought he from me.
Not everyone is a flipper, but given the chance like the guy this time, well, like I said already, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

ramit

I have to say that I am a little disappointed....I was expecting a thread about a dolphin. :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

Your freakin welcome!

Blown70

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 28, 2008, 03:07:45 PM

Your freakin welcome!

Hey you can do better you live in the SF area get out and get a real pic of one.....  :D

Brock Samson

i didn't have to go that far...

freakin tourists!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: ChargerST on August 26, 2008, 05:04:34 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on August 26, 2008, 04:41:40 PM
I'm not in AA, but the phrase "live and let live" comes to mind here. 

True, making a quick (big) buck is ok - don't like flippers but still ok. BUT pretending to be an enthusiast and hiding stuff (left out all the info about rust that was in the original ad - don't know if he'll be honest and tell a buyer but why leave it out then in the first place?) is something I don't agree with.

maybe the original post should have focused on the leaving out of the details by the buyer turned seller.  on the surface, it looks like another whine about someone making a buck. I have to agree that hiding issues is not cool at all.   
RECHRGED

californiadoug

There was never any intention of leaving out any details on the car for someone seriously interested. I copied the upper half of the ad... that simple. As I stated earlier, I NEVER sell a car without disclosing any and all rust with photos AND in writing. The guy I bought the car from sent me an email and it said the car had mild rust in some of the typical places... no sh#%... that is  pretty much a given and certainly would be disclosed by me when someone called about the car. 

The70RT

Quote from: californiadoug on August 28, 2008, 11:46:25 PM
There was never any intention of leaving out any details on the car for someone seriously interested. I copied the upper half of the ad... that simple. As I stated earlier, I NEVER sell a car without disclosing any and all rust with photos AND in writing. The guy I bought the car from sent me an email and it said the car had mild rust in some of the typical places... no sh#%... that is  pretty much a given and certainly would be disclosed by me when someone called about the car. 

Put those issues in the ad and save some people some time. not ALL chargers had rust. If it didn't have any you for sure would have stated that in the ad right?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

californiadoug

not to be a smart a** but I have never seen a Charger that had NO RUST that was less than a $75k show car. People often say no rust but that is B.S. NO rust means absolutely NO RUST. and I have yet to ever see a car like that with the exception of $75-$250k show cars. Rust on the undercarriage, under the speaker tray, behind the dash, etc... IS STILL RUST. You can media blast a car, then treat it with POR15 or Rust Bullet as best as possible and eliminate the rust quite a bit but everyone claiming online that their car is rust free is full of b.s. The funny thing is most of the time people claim this they put photos online and you can clearly see tons of rust (especially on the undercarriages)!!!  But there is not any original or unrestored Chargers from 69 that have no rust... it is impossible. My Charger for sale has one of the mildest few spots of rust I have ever seen and is actually much cleaner than a few garage kept, CA, all original cars I have had. So short of building a $75k -250k rotisserie restored car that was completely stripped down to nothing and completely restored, I would never say a car was rust free.

PocketThunder

Ya know what Doug, just dont let these guys bother you and dont feel you have to defend yourself in this thread anymore.   :Twocents:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

Quote from: bull on August 26, 2008, 09:50:38 PM
Everyone hates a flipper until they get the chance to be one.

oh the wisdom in this statement is all-inclusive and should be re-read by all.

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 29, 2008, 11:42:21 PM
Ya know what Doug, just dont let these guys bother you and dont feel you have to defend yourself in this thread anymore. :Twocents:

ditto on that remark by PT
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

PocketThunder

Quote from: RD on August 29, 2008, 11:47:16 PM
Quote from: bull on August 26, 2008, 09:50:38 PM
Everyone hates a flipper until they get the chance to be one.

oh the wisdom in this statement is all-inclusive and should be re-read by all.

:iagree:  This thread should be locked because it has turned into the Cars for Sale section back when you were able to respond to the sale posts.

OMG i cant believe i just suggested that a thread be locked.  I'm turning into DodgeChargerGuy.  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BMOTOXSTAR

Flippers suck and are making the Mopar hobby no  fun.  :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

californiadoug

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 30, 2008, 07:40:34 AM
Flippers suck and are making the Mopar hobby no  fun.  :Twocents:

yeah you're right... this car would have been much better off rotting in a field and used as a home for raccoons and black widows instead of providing a family and countless people the enjoyment of a bad a** 69 Charger!!!

BMOTOXSTAR

I disagree. :o
Restoring a car is a form of artwork and if you do it yourself it takes many  countless hours and dedication, cost of tools, supplies, etc. The work and supplies are not free. In most cases I do not think that selling a restored car is as bad as flipping.
I guess what I am trying to say is that  restoring a car and reselling as a flip is a different story than finding a good deal and then selling it just to make money. These are god damn' cars, a hobby a lifestyle, it is not like they are property.
I am just a middle class person that is not into the selling cars for a living thing. I am into Mopars  as a hobby, that I really enjoy and it is getting harder to enjoy due to flippers and E-Bay.
I have my Charger listed on the site  and I feel that it is a fair price for what I put into the car, I am breaking even if I get my asking price. I am going to take the money and try to find a 71' Charger for myself.
I do not find a Charger for a great price, then put it on a web site where the site is mostly other people that are into the hobby as much as you, then double the price to profit for myself.  :icon_smile_tongue:
I do not know, that is just outright Gay and I am into the hobby for the fun and not the $. I am not telling you how to live your life that is just how I live mine and do WTF you want. :icon_smile_blackeye:
A flip is a flip and I guess it is dog eat dog.
You should take some of that flip money and produce a TV show and call it "Flip This Mopar, I am a douche"
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT