News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flipper

Started by ChargerST, August 26, 2008, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

:flame:

I posted a CL ad in the For Sale section for a 69 Charger in Seattle two days ago. Well, the price was 12k firm for this nice Charger. I didn't surprise me that it sold fast.

And today when I checked the classifieds section there I see the same Charger again but now with an asking price of 22k!!! So if you want to buy this particular Charger make sure you get a huge discount!

btw the flipper didn't even change the text in the ad - he just used the same text as on CL and even admits it..  :rotz:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

FLG

You cant blame the guy for trying to make a buck. Atleast he's not trying to make the car out for more then what it is and scamming someone with it.

41husk

he has posted it up here in the cars for sale section, wow thats a nice little proffit if he moves it :popcrn:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Harlow

While it is frustrating for us hobbyists; I see nothing wrong with seeing a chance to make a buck. This is America after all. I've flipped two cars (ford and mercury).

Blown70

Why did you list it for $12?  Sorry, I cannot blame the guy for thinking or wanting to make a buck.  I KNOW I would not be happy but at the same time if you got the PRICE you wanted... welll. :shruggy:

For that price I think I would have make a trip to get it and KEEP it.... I have another little project on my mind..... :D

ChargerST

Quote from: Blown70 on August 26, 2008, 01:49:59 PM
Why did you list it for $12?  Sorry, I cannot blame the guy for thinking or wanting to make a buck.  I KNOW I would not be happy but at the same time if you got the PRICE you wanted... welll. :shruggy:

For that price I think I would have make a trip to get it and KEEP it.... I have another little project on my mind..... :D

Wasn't my car.

What bothers me is that he is trying to show that he's a mopar enthusiast ("I was going to restore it blablabla") and then tries to sell it with an 83% price increase the day he got the car.

And more important: he left out the passages where the original seller said something about typical Charger rust etc.

41husk

I don't blame the guy, if I thought I could make 10k in a day or two I would be doing it myself.  I doubt he moves it real fast in this economy unless it goes over seas.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blown70

Sorry thought it was yours..... Again, while it may not be the best thing to do.... I still cannot blame him....

Beep Beep Dave

Maybe he'll send you a finders fee after he sells it.
Nice looking car :2thumbs:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

dkn1997

I'm not in AA, but the phrase "live and let live" comes to mind here. 
RECHRGED

gers1968rt

I hate flippers too.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

mikepmcs

Did you try to sell it here first?  12k seemed a little too reasonable to me(meaning someone here that needed/wanted one would have most likely bought it and kept it.... like the newbie MrSharkey comes to mind.  But anyway, that price was good and anyone would have been tempted to make a profit on it.   If it hasn't sold yet though, no worries, right? :2thumbs:  Now we all know about it and the original price it sold for so we do have a bargaining chip. :icon_smile_big:
Sorry, mr $22k guy just stating the obvious.   :icon_smile_cool:
I am on blown70's train here, although me personally... I would never flip a Charger if I had the chance to get another one on the cheap.  Anything else though is fair game.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChargerST

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 26, 2008, 04:41:40 PM
I'm not in AA, but the phrase "live and let live" comes to mind here. 

True, making a quick (big) buck is ok - don't like flippers but still ok. BUT pretending to be an enthusiast and hiding stuff (left out all the info about rust that was in the original ad - don't know if he'll be honest and tell a buyer but why leave it out then in the first place?) is something I don't agree with.

mikepmcs

Yes, i do see your point on the ad heist though.  Better to be honest and say you got it for a decent price, state the information and sell it and make your profit, etc......
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Joshua

I saw that on there too....when it was at 12K.....thought it "may" be a good deal.....but 22K? He'll be sitting on it awhile. Plus he's in California?

nakita7

Trying to make money of a 69 Charger, who would have thought....

You did your part, you offered it for a good deal, too bad a Mopar enthusiast didn't get it though.

69charger2002

whoever the seller was obviously was happy with 12k.. who gives a rat's ass if the guy buys it and puts it up for sale for $22k the next day?? i mean what is the big deal ?? now don't get me wrong i don't agree with the leaving out part of the ad.. etc. but as far as the flip aspect.. next time "you flipper haters" be the person to get it for $12k. then do what you want with it.. if you don't have the 12k to spend or aren't the first to call on it and get it, don't bitch later.   :pity:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Harlow on August 26, 2008, 01:47:28 PM
While it is frustrating for us hobbyists; I see nothing wrong with seeing a chance to make a buck. This is America after all. I've flipped two cars (ford and mercury).
:patriot: :iagree:  I'm sure we're all guilty of that.  I am.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rav440

Quote from: Joshua on August 26, 2008, 05:14:50 PM
I saw that on there too....when it was at 12K.....thought it "may" be a good deal.....but 22K? He'll be sitting on it awhile. Plus he's in California?

well lets just say he'll have some breathing room on the profit margin .  :icon_smile_big:

i see nothing wrong with this so called flipping . if i get a deal on a car . say using the same #s $12.5 K and market value is $18K-$25K what makes  me or someone else the EVIL FLIPPER  :shruggy: in my book its called making $$$ .
who says that if i get it for $12.5K i have to sell it to you for $13K or the same price i got it for ?  :flame:

and what hobbyist doesnt need $$$ for this hobby . hell if you got a chance to make a buck do it .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

dads_69

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 26, 2008, 05:57:18 PM
whoever the seller was obviously was happy with 12k.. who gives a rat's ass if the guy buys it and puts it up for sale for $22k the next day?? i mean what is the big deal ?? now don't get me wrong i don't agree with the leaving out part of the ad.. etc. but as far as the flip aspect.. next time "you flipper haters" be the person to get it for $12k. then do what you want with it.. if you don't have the 12k to spend or aren't the first to call on it and get it, don't bitch later.   :pity:

Amen my brother! Amen............
You can hate the game, but don't hate the player.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

HKCharger

he is a well known flipper. has stuff all over ebay.

bull

Everyone hates a flipper until they get the chance to be one.