News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kickdown problems

Started by lee, August 13, 2008, 03:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Hi I have been experiencing no kickdown I recently put in a 1978 440 beefed up and a set of 3.55 gears in my 68 charger with a 727 auto tranny orignal and it doesn't shift properly I am running a edelbrock 800 cfm carb and the old linkage was some kind of wierd rod so I put in linkage out of a late 70s dodge half ton does someone out there maybe have some insight to what I am doing wrong thanks

mikepmcs

Was the half ton a 4 bbl carb to start with? a 2bbl linkage probably won't work because of it's length and the inability to get the correct adjustment.  Proper adjustment is your first step here.
One of these threads should help you.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,26355.0.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

John_Kunkel

You need the correct Mopar throttle lever extension (Edelbrock #1481) on that Edelbrock carb.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

lee

Ya come to think of it it probably was a crumby two barrel