News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

kenny wayne shepherd's 1972 charger

Started by Foreman72, August 11, 2008, 09:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

ok so i found an article on popular hot rodding's website about kenny working with some big names (Ted Moser, Chip Foose) to resto-mod a 1972 charger...i happen to own one and was really interested in seeing how this one looked...the article suggests its quite a nasty piece...but here's the killer...I CAN'T FIND ANY PICS OF IT!!! :RantExplode: it was supposed to be released in april this year @ spring festival LX's car show...Hot Rod TV filmed the entire build for an episode that aired on April 26, 2008 on the Speed Channel. but i never saw it...so have you guys heard of this thing or know where i can get pictures? cuz i can't for the life of me find any...

here's some info on it
http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17349

so

:smilie_help:

please :coolgleamA:

thanks
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

SnoPro440

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

ACUDANUT

I knew we had a post on that here.  I see it's been found.  How do you like KWS car ??

RD

kenny actually posts in that thread above
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TheAutoArchaeologist

I saw it on the power tour, here are some pics of them fixing the rear end and after....

Ryan

Finn

Looks wicked, wouldn't change a thing except the length of the shifter :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Foreman72

GENTLEMEN I LOST MY MIND... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: THAT CAR IS THE BALLS...but i do agree the length of the shifter is kinds wack...but that thing is so sick insane...thanks so much... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Foreman72

thanks alot...great present  :lol:  big thanks
Eric "Foreman"

konigcharger

Quote from: Devil on August 11, 2008, 04:48:16 PM
I saw it on the power tour, here are some pics of them fixing the rear end and after....

wow that thing is awesome  :drool5:

KWS if you're out there, just a suggestion. the headlamp and wiper switches where they are blue you should make them red  :2thumbs:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

73chgrSE

I'm want to know more about the car. How fast is it 0-60? and 1/4 mile? what's the final weight? etc.

RD

Quote from: 73chgrSE on November 06, 2008, 09:18:19 AM
I'm want to know more about the car. How fast is it 0-60? and 1/4 mile? what's the final weight? etc.

go to the source mate.. pm kenny:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=147

he is active.. last date.. 10-06-08
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

KWS

Hey guys. The car is currently on display at the Mopar booth at SEMA. I just left there. I took pics of everything except my own car! I do have a few more recent pics that were taken a few days ago. Some things have changed in with the car in the past few months. It's still not 100% done, but it's getting there. Here's some older pics before some of the changes.

The center console and shifter in the pics above have been replaced. Kicker audio built the custom console, and Billet Technology made the custom pistol grip shifter. I am trying to find pics of the interior for you and will post them later.

I designed a gold stripe for the car and it was applied the day before SEMA, but there were some issues/flaws in with the material and it's application so it had to be removed. I have some pics of the gold stripe below.

Pardon the quality these were taken with my cell phone.

The guys at Mopar came to the rescue and designed a flat black stripe and had it made and applied it on the spot at SEMA. So for now here's how it looks. These pics were emailed to me by a friend. He took them in the Mopar booth.

There's still some work to be done. I'll keep you guys updated as I can with the car's progress.

moparstuart

that flat stripe actually looks really good !! :Twocents:    keeps your sinister black look !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

I like both stripe designs, but like the black one better overall. Car's lookin' pretty schweet! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

runningman

That does look good although I am more of a second gen guy.  I think I have seen the Xtreme Lee Rides episode like 20 times.  I have it on my DVR when I need some motivation.....

Hemidog

A very nice car indeed!  :2thumbs: the only thing I didnt like was that plain font you used on the "392 hemi"

BrianShaughnessy

Sweet!  :2thumbs:  Nice job Kenny!

I watched the rerun of that episode of Hot Rod TV last Saturday morning on Speed.     (11/01).   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Bandit72

Kenny Waynes cell phone takes better pics than my camera  :smilielol:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Charger74

Nice Kenny, definetly like the flat black stripe better.  As said, keeps the sinister look better overall.   

mikepmcs

Wicked nice lookin' car overall.  I like the ghost stripe over the gold one myself. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar73

Fantastic Kenny,
I have a 73 that's in a thousand pieces and cars like yours keep me going when it looks overwhelming to continue.
Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

jaak

Nice cars Kenny, I like them all, but I really love that Duster. :2thumbs:

Jason

69charger2002

i dig the stripe too. the stance on that car is killer KWS.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/