News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oiling question

Started by dgie, August 11, 2008, 02:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgie

I have a question about a chrysler/plymouth 400. I pulled my valve covers off and noticed that I do not have oil comming from all the pushrods, only from the last push rod  on the drivers side. I have not pulled the passenger side valve cover, but am curious if the oil should be comming from all push rods?

firefighter3931

BB mopar valvetrains are oiled through the rocker shafts....no pushrod oiling unless you have a custom setup designed that way.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dgie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 11, 2008, 06:54:32 AM
BB mopar valvetrains are oiled through the rocker shafts....no pushrod oiling unless you have a custom setup designed that way.
Ron

Any idea why it would be squarting up in the air about a foot or so with the valve cover off, It is only hapening on the last cylinder closest to the driver/firewall. I believe that is the #7 cylinder.

firefighter3931

Quote from: dgie on August 11, 2008, 10:24:58 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 11, 2008, 06:54:32 AM
Ron

Any idea why it would be squarting up in the air about a foot or so with the valve cover off, It is only hapening on the last cylinder closest to the driver/firewall. I believe that is the #7 cylinder.

Perhaps the rocker shafts are installed wrong ?   :scratchchin:

The oil holes should be facing down (not up) and angled towards the exhaust side of the head.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

dgie

I will definitely check that out, thanks for the input.  :2thumbs: