News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just can't win

Started by Hemidoug, August 10, 2008, 03:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Drove the car to the local cruise...got there just fine. Went to start the car and it wouldn't turn over. Went home, got the trailer and brought her home. Got to troubleshooting it today and found out I lost a valve seat in number 5. Tore up the head, piston and cylinder. May have to sleeve the block. Guess I'm yanking the motor AGAIN. Anyone know why A seat would come loose like that? They are MP aluminum heads. I don't think I've put 500 miles on that motor since it was done.....I'm totally disgusted right now
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

dpm68

Geez, that will ruin one's afternoon. No idea as to why, but take a breather, and maybe someone else will clear it up a bit for ya. Good luck.

chargerman68

if its only 500 miles on them is there a warranty still
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Hemidoug

Depends on WHO put the seats in....him or Mopar Performance...... :brickwall:

Brock Samson

wow, sorry for your pain...  :P

tan top

damn sorry to hear this Doug ...just put the motor togeather again   :brickwall:  ...    have heard of hardened seats for unleaded gas that have been put in old iron heads falling out , due to not being fitted properly !!   as-well as being a interference fit , some machine shops use some kind of adhesive also ..due to the two metals expanding & contracting at different rates . 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

suntech

Oh crap!!! this is the Hemi, right??
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69_500

Ouch man. Seems to be a rough summer for the 69 car. Have you been using the same shop to do the builds?

I guess its a chance everyone takes when they have something done that they will get a rash of bad parts, or just parts that give out in a short amount of time, but man it seems like you've had more than your fair share of them this year.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Shit Doug!  WTF man?   Now I'M getting mad :mad:
The crap you're going through would make most men throw in the towel!  Keep your head up bud!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gers1968rt

Oh, that sucks big. Feel for you man.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

Chris G.

Quote from: Hemidoug on August 10, 2008, 03:52:39 PM

Who put the seats in?

1969chargerrtse

:shruggy:  What the heck?  You've always kept a good head on past problems, but this really sucks.  Sorry man, I don't know what to say?  :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidoug

Quote from: Chris G. on August 10, 2008, 05:08:19 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on August 10, 2008, 03:52:39 PM

Who put the seats in?

Right now I believe I got the shaft from Ma Mopar...I have to check the bill but I don't think he put any seats in......

bsakal

that blows Doug. Good luck.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

firefighter3931

Geez Doug, it's hard to believe one guy could have so much bad luck  :pity:

Crap, losing 3 engines in 2 years is just downright rediculous.  :flame:

Another guy on Moparts lost a procharged BB wedge recently when a valve seat dropped out and his entire motorwas trashed.....complete loss.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Hemidoug

Thanks Ron....I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I'm still licking my wounds. I know I don't have the cash to do the motor so it looks like winter has come early for me. Right now all I want to do is cover the POS and see how much dust it can collect. I have 2 other cars that need my attention, one of which will be home from the body shop soon. Don't be supprised if you don't see the 69 for a loooong time.

69charger2002

man doug that really sucks.. one of the reasons i have never gone for a monster motor or $$$ one. that is my biggest fear. i'd spend all the money and something happen. can't afford to do it again. i sure hope you don't give up on it, it's such an awesome 69.. wish you the best getting it fixed yet AGAIN
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BrianShaughnessy

Well that sucks  : :icon_smile_blackeye:    Sorry Doug.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

KMPX2

Some times things just happen for no real reason

bull

Well, I hope you don't go cudaken on us and toss it all for miniature electric trains. Sorry man. That's a major bummer. :brickwall:

moparstuart

sorry for your bad luck , I seem to have bad luck also hope yours turns around .   

just for you bull
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RECHRGD

GEEEZE!! Sorry to hear that Doug.    :rotz:        That's my biggest nightmare.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

hemi68charger

Dude.. Doug...... Man, that sucks.................    I feel your pain....... There's nothing worse than putting hard work, effort and/or resources in a project and something happens.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69*F5*SE

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation. I'm sure you'll get things back together.

71ChallengeHer

:pity: Doug, That sucks. Just walk away for awhile and cool down.  ;)