News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Houseburningoil in the tank

Started by Belgium R/T -68, August 09, 2008, 02:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

A friend got by mistake some housburningoil in his fueltank, after that the engine wouldn't stay alive under 2000 rpm and no load. Can something have been
damaged or should good cleaning of the carb fix it?
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

RD

i know i dont think i can add anything to this in regards to a solution because i have no idea what house burning oil looks llike, but i am really curious as to the solution, and will provide some suggestions anyhow.

My first guess would be to change the plugs, drop the tank, clean it out; purge the lines; replace the filter, and try a different carb to see if that works.

i would check your oil too.  pull out your dipstick and add a flame to it, if it lights up, change your oil.  ( i state that as I am unfamiliar with the fluid properties of house burning oil).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The70RT

Should be similar to Diesel. I am suprised it ran. Probably had some fuel in the tank before the diesel was added. If it ran I would siphon What i could then top it off with fuel and go with it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Drache

My dad accidently put diesel into his Charger (drinking, ran outta gas, farmers field, 1am) once! He had the same problem, below 2000rpm the car wouldn't run, but above that he said it ran like a bat outta hell! He also said that the engine wouldn't turn off when he got home lol! He told me they cleaned the spark plugs, etc and such and the engine appeared to be fine and they never had a problem with it....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks, should be alright then after some draining and cleaning! :icon_smile_big:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Drache

The big big problem I see is it running your engine allot hotter and if done for too long can cause serious problems. I would suggest giving everything a good solid cleaning to get all traces of it gone.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dpm68

I agree...Purge fuel system, check da plugs.

suntech

Diesel or kerosene in a gas engine is not as bad as other way aeound. Empty the tank, and drain fuel lines and carb, and fill up with the juice it is supposed to run on, and you will be alright :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

BROCK

Should be able to syphon the tank without pulling it - unless you just wanta get every drop
out. 

I'd syphon the tank through the fuel line with a cheap elec pump, drain the float bowl, fill
er up & go!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Nacho-RT74

my firts crank and fire up of the engine when rebuilt was with THINNER :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html