News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chalky Taillight Lenses

Started by chargerrt, August 09, 2008, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

Is there a simple remedy for clearing up chalky taillight lenses?  :shruggy:  Mine are looking crummier than I like right now.

bordin34

I put armor-all on mine and it cleared them up a bit because of the shine from the armor-all.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

craigandlynda

i was having a similar problem with the headlite covers on my daughtrers 97 breeze...they were all chalky andreally in bad shape- couldn't even see the little bulbs inside.

my NAPA store has a newer line of productsfor fixing this problem....for headlites, its a sponge disc impregnated with a special polishing dust...you put the self-stick disk on an electric drill, wet the sponge a little, and "polish" the headlite covers til the plastic is clear again- took about 5 minutes each...now they are almost like NEW- i am not exaggerating. 

i am sure they have several varieties of these polixshing kits..

check em out\
:yesnod:

71ChallengeHer

Meguiar's makes a plastic polish. The 2 stage one works great . Step 1 is the cleaner and step 2 is the polish. I bought mine at Carlisle for $18/ The also make a single stage plastic polish but the guy said the 2 stage one works better. I used it on my daughter's car headlights and taillights. They look great now.

CHRGR SE

Eastwood has a kit for this problem.
Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

Charger-Bodie

Flitz   :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerrt

Hmmm...looks like there are plenty of ways to solve to problem.  Thanks a lot everybody!

Silver R/T

try some GS-27, always works for me
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69*F5*SE

I second the Meguiar's cleaner and plastic polish.  There's also Novus Plastic polish that would work well.