News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird at local show

Started by gers1968rt, August 05, 2008, 05:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gers1968rt

Here is a superbird that's been around for 18 years or more. I took a pic of the fender tag, but don't know if I should post it. 
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

hemigeno

Nice 'Bird!  Thanks for posting the pic...

As far as posting the fender tag information, there have been lots of tag pics & info posted on here over the years.  Most of those have been pictures from auctions or other public-domain type sources.  That being said... if you've taken a picture of the tag and don't have the owner's permission to publicly post the information, it might be the courteous thing to refrain from posting it on the internet.  There have been some rather pointed statements made in the past about what a heinous crime it is to disclose info like that, but I personally do not see the same level of exposure that those few folks see.  If the owner of that 'Bird happened to feel differently than I do on that subject, then it might be better not to post anything at all.  Your call though...

DC.com member Doug Schellinger (Prez of DSAC), Sue George (WW/NBOA), and a few other people who track 'Birds might want the info just to make sure that the car is known, so don't be surprised if you get a PM or two.

Thanks again for the show pic!

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Its recorded in Aug 79 vit c orange black buckets no console automatic car to Rayner Chrysler plymouth Westfield NY
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

Glad I wasn't the one that forgot to black out the headlamp area before applying the decals. Major faux pas.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Redbird

Is it Tor-red, Vit C, or another color? Without seeing some original paint on the car, Broadcast sheet, or fender Tag how would we know. I think a lot of folks weren't necessarily recording factory info in the '70's, rather what the car looked like that day. To me the important thing is that it was known and recorded a long tome ago.

I remember a club member telling me all about one of my cars in the early '90's, from information he had gleaned from a newsletter, he even had re-written what he thought he knew. The thing was most of what he had written down was wrong, a combination of his wrong writing and the wrong info in the newsletter.

Every so often some local newspaper writes something about my work. They never get things all right. About 2 weeks ago in the New York Times there was some information in an article in the real estate section about a house I designed about a dozen years ago. The actual information they cited was about 1/2 right, but the article was all positive so I guess it worked for me. They got the pictures right.

Drache

Quote from: hemigeno on August 05, 2008, 11:59:33 AM
Nice 'Bird!  Thanks for posting the pic...

As far as posting the fender tag information, there have been lots of tag pics & info posted on here over the years.  Most of those have been pictures from auctions or other public-domain type sources.  That being said... if you've taken a picture of the tag and don't have the owner's permission to publicly post the information, it might be the courteous thing to refrain from posting it on the internet.  There have been some rather pointed statements made in the past about what a heinous crime it is to disclose info like that, but I personally do not see the same level of exposure that those few folks see.  If the owner of that 'Bird happened to feel differently than I do on that subject, then it might be better not to post anything at all.  Your call though...

DC.com member Doug Schellinger (Prez of DSAC), Sue George (WW/NBOA), and a few other people who track 'Birds might want the info just to make sure that the car is known, so don't be surprised if you get a PM or two.

Thanks again for the show pic!

I simply say just black out or cover up the VIN and should be no harm done....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

pettybird

that's where I laughed...wasn't sure he should post the tag but there's the VIN....

anyone else catch that?

Magnumcharger

Quote from: gers1968rt on August 05, 2008, 05:43:18 AM
Here is a superbird that's been around for 18 years or more. I took a pic of the fender tag, but don't know if I should post it.  The last digits are 168734

Of course this puts me back to square one with my efforts!! :'(
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,40867.0.html
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

gers1968rt

It's EV2, and yes it is owned by a guy in welland. I heard many years ago it was from pennsylvania (could be wrong), but he also has connections in quebec.

WingCharger

Saw a bird at a local show a year ago, BUT, back then I didnt know what a fender tag was! :brickwall:

If I see it agin, you bet!

Kevin68N71

I would be irritated if someone tried to take a picture of my fender tag at a show.  If someone tried to take the VIN number, I would likely stop them...or have it already covered up.

I don't appreciate my car's VIN number floating around anywhere, just doesn't pass the smell test.  I refuse to provide mine to car clubs either.  I know people like to track special cars, but quite honestly, I err on the side of "it's none of your business".
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

Drache

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on August 07, 2008, 12:27:21 PM
I would be irritated if someone tried to take a picture of my fender tag at a show.  If someone tried to take the VIN number, I would likely stop them...or have it already covered up.

I don't appreciate my car's VIN number floating around anywhere, just doesn't pass the smell test.  I refuse to provide mine to car clubs either.  I know people like to track special cars, but quite honestly, I err on the side of "it's none of your business".

Most people have their VIN's covered but if it's not I usually copy it down the first section to decode later. Personally if your hood is up, expect pictures to be taken of everything under there. I have seen people with tape over the last section of their VIN's on their fender tags.

The people that really get me are the ones who sit there and tell you not to take pictures of their car. If it's at a car show... pictures will be taken, expect it....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on August 07, 2008, 12:27:21 PM

What if someone memorized the VIN though, and fender tag information? Its not that hard to do.

I personally have no problem with anyone knowing my VIN or fender tag information. It does them no good without the car.

moparstuart

gee who around here would memories vins ?  :shruggy: :shruggy: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

I don't know, but if you find someone who memorizes them easily let me know.  I am running out of brain space to store them.

XX29L9B224393 here  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 07, 2008, 08:44:06 PM
I don't know, but if you find someone who memorizes them easily let me know.  I am running out of brain space to store them.

XX29L9B224393 here  :cheers:
just wait in 10 years .  Man i cant remeber sh#t

69_500

And here I was going to ask you to confirm the vin on the SE 500 that was at the TDC meet show.

gers1968rt

I could care less if someone knows or takes pics of my vins, but some do. XS29L8G227699 and XS29L9B321298

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on August 07, 2008, 09:05:26 PM
And here I was going to ask you to confirm the vin on the SE 500 that was at the TDC meet show.
i did take a picture of it , hood was never up to snag the fender tag.  the picture didnt come out well (quintins old camera mine was in a dumpster LOL) but i can email the picture to you if you like !!!  Its at home on that computer .

Magnumcharger

I think we should lose our screen names and adopt our cars' VIN numbers.... ;)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Drache

Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 08, 2008, 01:17:00 PM

What about the people without cars?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 08, 2008, 01:17:00 PM
do i have to tattoo it on my hand (big brother ) ?  :smilielol:

69_500

Quote from: moparstuart on August 08, 2008, 09:36:43 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on August 07, 2008, 09:05:26 PM
i did take a picture of it , hood was never up to snag the fender tag.  the picture didnt come out well (quintins old camera mine was in a dumpster LOL) but i can email the picture to you if you like !!!  Its at home on that computer .

Would love the picture Stuart if you still have it. Even if its blurry I'll still put it in the folder for the car. I'm pretty sure I have the VIN, just wanted to confirm its what car I think it is.

moparstuart

I'll email you the picture this weekend sometime