News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing and fender scoop location

Started by carb, August 03, 2008, 07:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carb

I have an original Daytona wing and would someday soon mount it to my 69 Charger. Ive seen the pics of parts for sale from Dayclona and the rest, needed to mount the wing. I get the wing washers tuck up inside the rear quarters to support the wing,but Im lost at how the "V" Braces are attached to the car. Are they bolted or welded to the frame? Also, does anyone have templates or measurements of exactly where the wing and front fender scoops mount? Pictures of trunk interiors, and how it all goes together would be a big help.

Thanks in Advance

oldcarnut

Hi, theres some pics in this link.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44011.0.html  .  Do a search on the site and you'll come up with a bunch of topics and then just sort through them and you'll find lots of pics.   There is a lot of good info here that people have posted.   :yesnod:
David

BigBlockSam

Howdy
  welcome to the site . the wing brace's bolt to a bracket on daytona's that are bolted to the trunk floor . on superbirds the wing brackets are bolted to a similar bracket that is welded to the trunk floor .

yes there are templates for the wing and fender scoops and where to cut the bottom of the fenders for the valance they are offered from the company below . he is affiliated with the wing warriors club , that i am also a member of . he sends them to you for free. you just have to pay the shipping . since he does this i try to send him any of my other business . i bought my front spoiler and wing gaskets from him. he makes very correct parts for these cars . i hope this helps. Rene

Performance Car Graphics (licensed by Chrysler)
    723 Shannon Street
    Tallahassee, FL 32305
    (850) 878-1450
    cargraphix@aol.com
    performancecargraphics.com
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

carb

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick responses to my questions. Those pics on the link you sent were helpful. I've never seen the inside of a Daytona trunk, wing bracket configuration , prior to today. Guess no Daytona owners at Englishtown were digging through their trunks when I was around. I'll get in touch with performance graphics  and get those templates, even if I never mount the wing, it would be great to have them.
How many of you have a OEM wing on your car? I know the value and irreplaceable nature of this piece, and can't help but wonder if I'd be better off with a re pro wing, aluminum or fiberglass like some of you have done

BigBlockSam

hey

thats my car in those pics in the link  . i'm mounting the nose this week. if i was you i would try to find a nice repro aluminum wing Dane makes a nice one. are you from Jersey too ?.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

If you have an actual factory wing set up you could probably part with it, and take the money you'd get from it and get a very nice repro wing that is also made of aluminum and be $$$$ ahead. Quite a bit of money actually.

FJMG

I agree with 69 500, Just out of curiousity CARB, any idea where the wing is from?

hotrod98

The last OEM daytona street wing that I saw sold was somehwere around 4 or 5K.
Excellent aluminum repro wing is $1500. Do the math.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

oldcarnut

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 03, 2008, 10:31:25 AM
Howdy
yes there are templates for the wing and fender scoops and where to cut the bottom of the fenders for the valance they are offered from the company below . he is affiliated with the wing warriors club , that i am also a member of . he sends them to you for free. you just have to pay the shipping . since he does this i try to send him any of my other business . i bought my front spoiler and wing gaskets from him. he makes very correct parts for these cars . i hope this helps. Rene

Performance Car Graphics (licensed by Chrysler)
    723 Shannon Street
    Tallahassee, FL 32305
    (850) 878-1450
    cargraphix@aol.com
    performancecargraphics.com
Mine are in the mail for the Bird clone.  Sorry I forgot to mention him earlier. I'll also be getting my decals from him too. I got my first package of parts from Janak Friday

BigBlockSam