News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hooray for us, we won a giant bottle of beer at a car show!

Started by AKcharger, July 27, 2008, 11:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

We went to a small show today at a local restaurant...about 30 cars. it was sponsored by Budwiser and a radio station. We won 1st place in some category and won a giant (empty) bottle of beer, a hat, sweater and some golf passes...I think it was the new grill that put us over the top!

dads_69

Hey, was that here in Anchorage or?

Congrats anyways!  :2thumbs:
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

AKcharger

Quote from: dads_69 on July 28, 2008, 12:02:23 AM
Hey, was that here in Anchorage or?

Congrats anyways!  :2thumbs:

Yup the world famous "3rd annual peanut farm show" only mopars we me, a '71 Challanger convertable that stayed about an hour and a 68 barracuda fastback...oh and a Purple '72 road runner that drove by the show like 4 times but never stopped in  :shruggy:

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69*F5*SE

4aThrill

huh no 71 super bee I saw that one at the diamond mall last year plum crazy too.  but con grads though  :2thumbs:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

tomdroptop

metallicareload99

Quote from: 4aThrill on July 28, 2008, 02:01:11 PM
huh no 71 super bee I saw that one at the diamond mall last year plum crazy too.  but con grads though  :2thumbs:

The only sign of life I've seen from that car is that it has been moved from one side of the mall to the other.  I guess that's how the owner stores it, it's a shame  :rotz:

1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: AKcharger on July 27, 2008, 11:53:35 PM
We went to a small show today at a local restaurant...about 30 cars. it was sponsored by Budwiser and a radio station. We won 1st place in some category and won a giant (empty) bottle of beer, a hat, sweater and some golf passes...I think it was the new grill that put us over the top!

Was the beer empty cause Sue drank it ?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Congrats on the win.  :2thumbs:   :cheers:

AKcharger

- Hi Jackie, no Susan already had a beer at the show before we won so she was good...she likes the new stroker engine!

- I checked out that 71 a few weeks ago, last licensed in '96 I think, soild but umbers show it a 440 car, not a 6 pack like the insert says

Quote from: HKCharger on July 28, 2008, 05:25:16 PM
post pics of your car!! :cheers:

well I'm pretty humble and don't usually just brag about my car but I guess one or two can't hurt. Here's a few from Virginia, I still need to do a cool photo shoot with it up here in AK with it.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

BROCK

Most Excellent :2thumbs:

I would have had to ask who drank your beer trophy though :flame:  Commemorative Budweiser bottles
don't come empty.........

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

dads_69

That plum crazy '71 had a 6 pak on it in 1986 when I was going to buy it. Also had 15x8.5 centerline rims all around, white vinyl top and fresh paint job for only 9 grand. I told the guy he was dreaming. He was a big Italian guy, collected Trans Ams and he knew of me, well my collection of mopars at that time and I passed it up. Current owner is the owner of the Dimond Mall.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

moparsuebear

Well really $9K back in '86 WAS a lot! holy smokes you could almoshouse in florida for that...don't feel bad

Quote from: BROCK on July 29, 2008, 12:38:38 AM
I would have had to ask who drank your beer trophy though :flame:  Commemorative Budweiser bottles
don't come empty.........

Really? nope they were all empty  :shruggy:
Go Bears!!

PocketThunder

Do you guys have rust problems in Alaska?  Can you drive all year round?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71ChallengeHer

Hi Sue, You 2 are so cute together. :2thumbs: I'll be on my beer reps early so I can get the new products for Carlisle. ;)  :2thumbs:  And Shelby said hi and congrats. And also thank you for the pepsi. :cheers:

metallicareload99

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 29, 2008, 08:23:54 AM

Rust has eventually been a problem for every vehicle I've spent time around up here, but It doesent seem to be too bad.  You can drive year round if you had to, not sure what if anything they put on the roads for ice

Edit: also Congrats SueBear and AK Charger!
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

69_500

Congrats on the Trophy. So are you going to fill it back up and bring it with ya to Carlisle next year?

AKcharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 29, 2008, 08:23:54 AM

Well there's no salt and really the thing that causes corrosion is dirt/junk that stays wet. And as far as the cold I actually think its no problem. The REAL threat is the ice, from 1 nov to begining of april this place is jsut a sheet of ice...sooner or later you'll wreck.

- Thanks 500...although his Charger stays in AK...we use our "deployed" '70 Charger for Carlise

- Thanks Jackie!