News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone sell stuff on Craigslist?

Started by runningman, July 17, 2008, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I am selling an item on Craigslist and got this reply from a potential buyer.  Just sounds kind of fishy to me.  The item is a large cabinet with locking doors.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have instructed my
account officer to  mail (overnight) a certified
check, while you hold this item for me. Let me know
when you receive the check and I will have my mover
will come pick up at your place.  Please forward me
the following info so I can issue your check . . .

1.Your full name
2.Your mailing address(Physical as Ups does not deliver to P.O.Box}
3.Your phone number.

** Please note that I will overnight the payment,and
you should receive it tomorrow. I appreciate you
holding this for me.  Please delete the posting as I
am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad
for me to have the payment in the mail only to be
informed of the its sale**

Orange_Crush

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Scams just never stop. I just got an email this morning telling me I won the lottery through Motorola for 4 million................English pounds.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

runningman

Yeah that is what I was thinking, I will just tell him cash only I guess.

SnoPro440

Don't waste your time responding to it.  That will just validate your email address which in turn will most likely result in you getting more SPAM.  Every time I sell something on there I get one or two of those.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

bull

Selling and buying stuff on craigslist is simple, really. Don't sell anything unless they show up in person and give you cash. Don't buy anything unless you show up in person and give them cash. See, easy. :yesnod:

Ghoste

Ponch ®

Quote from: mxzx440 on July 17, 2008, 02:30:14 PM
Don't waste your time responding to it.  That will just validate your email address which in turn will most likely result in you getting more SPAM.  Every time I sell something on there I get one or two of those.

yeha, don't even bother. It's a scam.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

runningman

Yeah I will forget about it, I have bought and sold a few things without a problem on Craigslist.  Just wondering if any of you have seen this before.....sounds like I am not the only one

bull

The one time I flirted with what I immediately assumed was a scam was when I saw an ad for a 1968 Barracuda for $4k that looked to be in show condition. But hey, sometimes you have to investigate, right? I sent an email asking where the seller lived and when I could come have a look. They replied with a bunch of ambiguous "facts" and didn't answer my questions directly. That's when I decided to start looking around at other cities to compare the prices of this particular vintage car and found the same ad in Seattle, LA, Sacramento, etc. They never got a second email from me.

craigandlynda

if you get his certified check, and cash it (don't just deposit it) then you have cash in hand...let the dust settle then let him come and get it.

Dans 68

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 17, 2008, 03:29:00 PM
if you get his certified check, and cash it (don't just deposit it) then you have cash in hand...let the dust settle then let him come and get it.

I agree. Cash the certified check, and then call him to pick it up. Let him know that upfront....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

A383Wing