News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 hemi charger in toronto area

Started by Pistolpete, October 19, 2005, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=705&Region=-1&subcategory=&UID=B1047490EB8F46B2BF0056A6E0B56923&CAT=1

dont know if this makes a lot of sense but I saw this post in the toronto area autotrader if anyone is interested?
Is this price for real or is this guy out to lunch?
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Shakey

If it is the blue one you are speaking of, it doesn't mention if it is matching numbers or not.  The car is in the 613 area code, maybe Ron (Firefighter3931) knows of it as he is quite aware of what is going on with Mopars in Southern ON.  $95K USD might be a bit steep for a car that needs that much work to complete.  I know of a '69 HemiCharger for sale that is complete and detailed and ready to go - $140,000 USD.

If it is the red one at Legendary in Milton, ON - that one has been for sale for almost a year now.  I can just imagine his price.

hemi68charger

The link doesn't work for me.... :(  Wanted to see it....................  Boohooooo

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ChargerBill

If it is numbers matching and a desirable color/interior/options combo I could see $95K. I honestly don't thing Chargers will hit Hemi prices any time soon if ever, but they are going up at an unbelievable rate. I mentioned to a friend of mine who is a checker at Raley's that I had a '69 Charger and his reaction was like a little kid. "Really, you do? Is it a 440 or a Hemi? What color? and the guy in line behind me started asking questions and commented on how those cars are going for $70K or more. Public perception is off a little on pricing, but you can see how an unfinished Hemi Charger could fetch nearly $100K pretty easily. In fact, the checker said that he was looking at a '72 318 Cuda for $18K and thought it was a pretty good deal. Heck, Hemi Charger clones fully restored are going for $90K...and probably soon go well over $100K. The Mopar market for Cuda's, Chally's, and Chargers is ridiculous right now.
Life is a highway...

firefighter3931

Here's a description of the car as it appears in the ad on the website:

"Comment: "Hemi" car. 4 year restoration little to finish. Block sand and paint. Ps, pb, pw, auto, buckets, console, original interior, one year only, colour rare aqua marine exterior, white top and original interior. Legitimate car 1 of 22 Canadian delivery cars. $95,000 U.S. obo. (613)332-2364. (CRLMRG)"

Not familiar with this particular car. Same area code as me but located in Bancroft Ontario based on the exchange. Sounds like a cool car with lots of upside potential. At that price it better be #'s matching or i would think it's overpriced.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs