News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

:icon_smile_angry:

Per, I feel sorry your trans is screwed.
Maybe Jamey (RD) can chime in, he's the tranny guru :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

twodko

Per,

That's just awful, I'm sorry to hear it after all the work you've done on your beauty. While its a PITA, seriously consider putting in the "old" tranny back in so you can enjoy the car show season. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Crockett

Awch !! that is bad news !!

PS I am going with the black charger to the inspection tomorrow ...

David.
Charger 68 R/T 440

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks guys :cheers: I hope John or Jamey can give me some advice on making sure there isn't
something stupid that can be fixed although I know I'm BS myself by that but pulling the tranny also means headers and exhaustsystem plus all the rest. :eek2: Worst nightmare, you pull the tranny and install the other one and realize that the fault is in the converter. :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

six-tee-nine

What a bitch thats really sad......

When the tranny is not exploded it can be repaired i guess.
But when the box won't shift forward and reverse still works, then i think the tranny is the way to look at. Since my theory says that when the convertor would be faulty you would'nt be moving in any direction.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 12, 2010, 12:23:49 PM
What a bitch thats really sad......

When the tranny is not exploded it can be repaired i guess.
But when the box won't shift forward and reverse still works, then i think the tranny is the way to look at. Since my theory says that when the convertor would be faulty you would'nt be moving in any direction.

Koen,
That's my thought aswell, just want to be damn sure before I do anything.

Per

Hemidog

roger440

::) ::) ::) ::)

Thats a real shame.

Get that other gearbox in and get out and enjoy the car. If it worked before, hopefully it will still work now.

Dont forget, your coming to the Euro-nats!
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

roger440

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 27, 2010, 04:27:07 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 27, 2010, 04:13:22 PM
Hi Roger, I'm sorry to tell you that they came from The Paddock which doesn't excist anymore
but I'm sure our friends here knows where to get them since Paddock didn't manufactured
anything.

Per

www.megapartsusa.com

http://www.megapartsusa.com/search.asp?nobox=&scat=&stext=splash&stype=&sprice=&pg=2

Doh!!! Thanks. Forgot to check them out!
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

lexxman

Man Its one thing after another.Put the old one in and drive it little.

b5blue

:rotz: This isn't good........I'm sorry for you Per! When I changed out my crankshaft I slapped the torque converter into the transmission and re installed the 440. 2 miles down the road it stopped dead in traffic. My tranny shop buddy (Who sold me the car) told me I cracked the engagement nubs in there by banging it in there too hard. Under load they sheared off. (It is very brittle steel)

aussiemuscle

Sadly breakdowns are part and parcel of old car ownership, esp with 40 yo cars. just remember it'll be all worth it when you hit the highway.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: aussiemuscle on July 12, 2010, 07:45:16 PM
Sadly breakdowns are part and parcel of old car ownership, esp with 40 yo cars. just remember it'll be all worth it when you hit the highway.

Yeah, but with an all new TCI transmission you cant exactly speak of 40 years old......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Belgium R/T -68

Headers, exhaustsystem and the rest of the stuff around the tranny is off, tomorrow the tranny
will go down. This isn't anything I want to do anytime soon again. :eek2:

Per

wrench

That picture of the metal in the pan reminds me of converter problems. Having said that, you also have to redo the whole trans with all that metal circulating in there. if it came out of the converter, it bypassed the filter. better be safe than sorry. Heat in the trans to discolor that oil most likely came from two places, converter or slipping clutches. on a hot day, half a dozen brake stands in city traffic in a short time could cook that oil, especially if you've got a higher stall torque conv.  good luck :Twocents:

Crockett

Hi Per,

My charger passed the technical inspection yesterday (all is fine and car running great too) but it failed in paperwork.
Although it passed a very thorough german inspection, and also customs inspection in the netherlands and belgium, now I need even more belgian papers to prove that the chassis number belongs to the car and that chrysler allows me to drive different size wheels (235 front / 295 back).

I hate Belgium

david !
Charger 68 R/T 440

CB

@ David: Now where is that, 'I told you that, didn't I' -smiley  :D

Per, I am always surprised, you never sit still.
Removing all that stuff :eek2:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Belgium R/T -68

David, congrats with the technical side. :cheers: I'm sure you will fix the paperwork although I never had those kind of problems. :scratchchin:

CB, I have propably ants in my pants. :lol: Today the great transmission had a ride down to my garagefloor, looks really nice to look at doesn't it? Clean and beautiful. ;)

Per

Mefirst

If you find even a trace of metal in the oil you will have to open up and clean the transmission.. you also have to open up or flush the converter.. If you don't get both cleaned, it wont be long before you'll have to drop down that trans again...

If its making a whining noise, well it can be one or several things.. You'll have to open it up to take a look..

what ever it is, it sucks.. a messed up transmission also ended my driving season last summer..

/Tom

R2

Not a big TCI fan.....

sorry to hear about the car...........

Too bad your not closer,,,i have a spare trans laying on the garage floor,,,that you could bolt in.

get it fixed,,,,you'll be up and running in no time,,,,

Crockett

CB : Yes you told me  :D  I did check with the inspection again after what you told me, and I have the paperwork procedure - at that time however they told me that procedure was only needed if I wanted to use it with a normal license plate, not an O-plate.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'll sort it out. Am happy it's only paperwork, and that the tech side is OK !

I'll keep you informed on when I have my plates, so then we can put the 'charger posse' on the road ;-)

And I have plenty of patience, that is something I knew beforehand.

Per > you're one hell of a mechanic, I'm sure you'll get on the road soon as well !

I'm not on that level yet - I only built my BSA from parts, a Charger is a little bigger :-)

The CO2 level has risen equal to the brutal noise in my neighbourhood..

greets

david.
Charger 68 R/T 440