News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Sure is a nice feeling to see a door hanging again after all that time. :icon_smile_big: Have some questions though posted in the bodysection
how to do the best adjustment. Also I'm missing a bolt for the hinges but I stole one from the chally, it's going apart anyway. :smilielol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Belgium R/T -68

VIN plate fixed up with some paint and a new Chrysler logo. Also hanged the second door but there I need somebody to help with the
adjustments because holding the door and fastening/loosing the bolts is a PITA alone. :eek2:

Per

b5blue

How/where did you get/do the logo?

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: b5blue on August 29, 2009, 10:16:18 AM
How/where did you get/do the logo?

Bought it from ECS automotive, included were the rivets.

Per

b5blue

Thanks, gonna need that some day! Looks good!  :2thumbs:

lexxman

The car is look'en good I'll have to check out the site for the new logo,I wanted to redo mine,but I wasn't sure about the logo. ;D

Charger440RDN

The charger is looking good, I love all of these detailed restoration pictures and just watching the process unfold :popcrn:  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Today the fabricated headliner was installed, much better material to work with and perfectly installed. :2thumbs: No bubbles or
wrinkles that will never leave. Soon the rest of the interior can be installed, just have to do the windowregulators. :eek2:

Per

charger_cody

Loving the progress man. But might i ask, Why did you paint some of the door black/

Cody

jaak

Quote from: charger_cody on September 08, 2009, 05:20:24 PM
Loving the progress man. But might i ask, Why did you paint some of the door black/

Cody

Thats the way it is on 2nd gens....the inside of the door gets painted interior color, Although you see alot of them that get left exterior color...the inner doors (areas exposed with the door panels on) are suppose to be interior color.

Jason

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Jason :cheers: The sublime would definetly shine through the doorpanels if I didn't paint the black.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Been busy with some puzzeling this weekend, doorlocks and the rest of the parts for a proper closing of my doors. :icon_smile_big:
Big thanks to Mike "lilwendal" for providing me with the plated latches and strikers. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Forgot to mention the new doorhandles from PG classic, great fitting and superb chrome. :2thumbs: Now busy trying to figure
out how to get the windowregulators back in place. :eek2:

Per

b5blue

Belgium R/T -68

Belgium R/T -68

Fixed what I thought should be very tricky, installation of the quarterwindow regulator but It's OK if you take your time and test it before
you put it in so you know the movements. Sadly I miss one of the guiderails (pic below) to be able to do driversside. :'(
Anybody having one over or know who I could contact to get one?

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Posted an ad in the "parts wanted" for the missing piece, hopefully somebody can sell me one. ::)

Per

PocketThunder

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 14, 2009, 11:00:25 AM
Posted an ad in the "parts wanted" for the missing piece, hopefully somebody can sell me one. ::)

Per

I bet you i have an extra one in my basement, i'll try and remember to look when i get home tonight.  You can have it for free.  If i dont have one in my basement i know i have one on my parts car.  But that parts car is 75 miles 120.67 km away  :icon_smile_big:, i just need to go get it.
Paul

EDIT:  I looked and i dont have one, sorry.
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

autodynamics

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 13, 2009, 06:47:32 AM
Been busy with some puzzeling this weekend, doorlocks and the rest of the parts for a proper closing of my doors. :icon_smile_big:
Big thanks to Mike "lilwendal" for providing me with the plated latches and strikers. :2thumbs:

Per

these look great can i ask what it cost you to have them redone and also where did you get it done....thanks

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 18, 2009, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 14, 2009, 11:00:25 AM

Per

I bet you i have an extra one in my basement, i'll try and remember to look when i get home tonight.  You can have it for free.  If i dont have one in my basement i know i have one on my parts car.  But that parts car is 75 miles 120.67 km away  :icon_smile_big:, i just need to go get it.
Paul

EDIT:  I looked and i dont have one, sorry.
Paul

No problem Paul, "Jaak" had one, it's on it's way. :icon_smile_big: Thanks anyway for looking. :2thumbs:

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: autodynamics on September 21, 2009, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on September 13, 2009, 06:47:32 AM

Per

these look great can i ask what it cost you to have them redone and also where did you get it done....thanks

Sorry can't help you there. They were plated somewhere in the US and I don't know how much he paid.

Per

gasoline_24

Try Dawson Brothers.  Here is a link to their finished work product for my part:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47189.msg515378.html#msg515378

Silver R/T

That's one nice looking Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Belgium R/T -68

The pivotchannel is ready to be installed thanks to "Jaak". :cheers: What a wonderful forum with all you nice guys out there, the
Moparcomunity really doesn't see any borders. :2thumbs: While waiting for the dashboard to get blasted I installed the insulation and
let the carpet float out a little bit before installation.

Per

b5blue