News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your...daily driver?

Started by craigandlynda, July 15, 2008, 04:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

69*F5*SE

Mass_Mopar

For the last 2 weeks the weather has been great  :icon_smile_cool: I've been driving the Charger to work 7 work days in a row now.  If it's going to rain I take the Dakota.  At the end of the summer when the Dakota leaves the New Yorker will be my daily.  Luckily my commute to work = 3.5 miles, so I could drive a dump truck if I wanted to. :2thumbs:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

tick68charger

2004 black hemi 4x4 SLT/sport quad. Gas guzzler, lucky for me its only a 1/2 mile to work.

Ponch ®

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on July 16, 2008, 11:30:14 AM
Quote from: Ponch ® on July 15, 2008, 06:17:53 PM

haters...hate! :eyes:

You've done some mods, haven't you?

A couple here and there. Mostly stuff that I've lucked into - I guess you could call them "hand me downs". Already had the wheels, from the 2.7L I had before.The carbon fiber hood sells for $900 new, but I got it from a SoCalLX member for $300 plus my stock hood. I got the K&N CAI from a buddy who upgraded to something else. Bought the honeycomb grille insert for $20. Silverstar light bulbs are only about $50. Things like that. I've been lucky that I havent had to spend a fortune. Next on my list: finding a black crosshairs grille, getting the tail lamps and front side markers tinted, and at some distant point, lowering it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

My little '93 Shadow is still treating me well. :

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dd44068

dont laugh but my two daily drivers are a 2002 subaru outback sedan with the 6 about 25 on the highway, and a 95 geo tracker 5speed softtop about 20 on the highway but fun to cruise with the top down  :yesnod:

sunroofsuperbird

Ha Ha Ha  :rofl: heres mine I need a truck and have a Chevy big block dulley but gas is to much. So I bought this its a 92 Caprice wagon with the 5.7 [350] makes a good truck and still gets around 28 miles gallon. it has over 400,000 miles but runs great and was only $500.00 so I can drive it up and down the dirt road I live on and dont have to worry about it. Oh I did do a $45. paint job because I have to be different.  :slap:  :smilielol:
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

oldcarnut

Mostly my  70 Challenger--318 18-19 mpg, ac works good etc--why buy a new one  :icon_smile_cool:.  If the wife takes it to work then I ride my Kawasaki KLR650 or 04 Avalanche if the weather is real nasty.

konigcharger

2001 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4x4 4.7L w/ 145k mi. and change

consistently gets 18-22mpg  :cheers:

i don't have any pics  :rotz:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

craigandlynda

wow nice paint scheme on that chevy bathtub.....and only $45? very sporty indeed... :2thumbs:

Manfred318

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 16, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
wow nice paint scheme on that chevy bathtub.....and only $45? very sporty indeed... :2thumbs:
:iagree:
Thats a pretty cool wagon :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BlueSS454

It was this car for 10 years....

Then I painted it and now it looks like this....

Then I had to take it off the road this March because it won't pass NJ inspection (emissions).  So until I can put historic tags on it in another 3 years, I'm running this everyday...

Tom Rightler

Shakey

Quote from: aussiemuscle on July 15, 2008, 07:48:39 PM
I drive a ford!  :icon_smile_blackeye: (2007 Ford Falcon Ute XR8)

i've since put some BOSS 260 decals on it:

Very cool looking vehicle!

THE COLONEL

I thought i would revive this thread.  I have a couple pictures of our cars.  I just got done waxing them in the last few days.  They probably won't be this clean again! :lol:

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Death1970Proof

Daily driven '73 duster...I mean driven everywhere! This car is VERY reliable but the slant six is getting pretty tired. Im currently looking for an econobox of sometype? Maybe a neon? That way I can take the duster off the road and do some stuff to it that needs to be done.
It's hard to park when you are driving it though  :icon_smile_big:

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

2much2learn

yeah, it not a charger but it gets me around  :smilielol:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

keepat

Quote from: 2much2learn on September 03, 2008, 07:43:15 PM
yeah, it not a charger but it gets me around  :smilielol:

My 1st car was a 66 GTO! I love all the old goats! Your 66 looks AWESOME! Please tell me you have a Pontiac engine under that blower??
Pat

2much2learn

dude i was just kidding,  :rofl: if i had that, trust me you guys would of seen it by now. my daily driver is barbies dream car, :girlfight: a 98 mustang cont. V6 3.8 :icon_smile_blackeye: BUT  i got it for free so cant complain.  :icon_smile_big:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

gordo1968charger

Quote from: THE COLONEL on September 03, 2008, 06:16:20 PM
I thought i would revive this thread.  I have a couple pictures of our cars.  I just got done waxing them in the last few days.  They probably won't be this clean again! :lol:

my wife has the uk equivalent of a dodge caravan,grand voyager 2.8 diesel,to ferry the kids around,i bought it for her while i was waiting for my strange dana to turn up,to stop her kicking off,but she kicked off anyway!
should have bought that 440 instead!!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

bear

Well this used to be this

But now its this

KMPX2

Well my truck was stolen so for now I am driving a 1988 Shadow 2.2 Turbo that I picked up last year

LoneStar Mopar

A 2006 Volkswagon Jetta and a 2002 Toyota Tundra.  YAWN.

SFRT

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays:

once in a while when its not in pieces

rainy days and sundays

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

what about the toyota and the nissan?..