News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Aluminum (hollow) Daytona Wings - limited run

Started by Daytona Guy, July 15, 2008, 01:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I will be making two Daytona hollow aluminum wings...ETA...Sept and Oct. Cost of aluminum is going up but my foundry guy has not mentioned an increase so far, but that does not mean he won't. Call me...First come first serve.

Dane

WingCharger

Too bad I dont have the money right now.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :'(
I really wanted to use your wings for my clone in the future because everybody says they are the best!

P.S: YOUR DAYTONA IS AWESOME!!! Now I have a second color to have to decide between.  :drool5:
F5 Green, and Yellow.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Always enjoy looking at pics of your car Dane.  Someone will be very lucky to have one of these wings for their project... :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hotrod98

Dane,
Found your address in my files, but couldn't find the number.
I'm definitely interested in buying a wing.
The timing's perfect. I was getting ready to paint my Janek wing later this week.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 15, 2008, 09:45:02 AM
Dane,
Found your address in my files, but couldn't find the number.
I'm definitely interested in buying a wing.
The timing's perfect. I was getting ready to paint my Janek wing later this week.

I thought I posted my phone # but I didn't. 503-580-8312

moparstuart

that wing looks awesome , kinda wish i would have held out for one , but your solid one will have to do for me !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotethat wing looks awesome , kinda wish i would have held out for one , but your solid one will have to do for me !

think twice about it . i sold my solid  wing for this one.   :scratchchin:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Okay, Rene...you win. I talked to Dane this morning and my deposit for mine goes out in tomorrow's mail. 
I plan to keep the Janek wing for a future project.

Charles Addams

petercharger

I got mine also...wing looks great and will be picking it up in a few weeks..no hurry...Dane makes a great copy..I would say almost like an original...worth every dollar...
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

DuecesWild

Dane,

I want to know if you have an estimate of the cost.  I would like to purchase one from you.  Do you take a deposit or the full amount up front?

Thanks,

Terry M.

A383Wing

BigBlockSam

QuoteOkay, Rene...you win. I talked to Dane this morning and my deposit for mine goes out in tomorrow's mail. 
I plan to keep the Janek wing for a future project.

smart man .  :2thumbs:  i'll call you tomorrow. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: A383Wing on July 15, 2008, 11:07:13 PM
Them's wings is purdy!!

Bryan
Thanks Bryan - The man with a real wing from the circle track.

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2008, 11:46:57 AM
  that wing looks awesome , kinda wish i would have held out for one , but your solid one will have to do for me !

no my solid one is going on my car , will have to work . I have those huge hijacker shocks with helper coil springs wrap around them on the car now.   At least it's not the flemsy fiberglass 

hotrod98

The big difference other than being hollow is that the new wings are finished out. The solid wings were pretty much as-cast and will require about three days of work to be usable. They have to be drilled and ground down and then filled and primed. The studs will have to be inserted and the holes in the blade will have to be tapped or have inserts installed.
Dane ends up with a lot of hours in those hollow wings.
Are you sure you don't want a hollow wing.  ;D
When you come down. I'll show you the Janek wing. It's much sturdier than you can imagine. It has aluminum inserts in the uprights and the blade. The main reason that I'm buying a wing is jealousy. My wife has a real Superbird wing for her clone and I couldn't stand the thought of her having a nicer car than mine.  :D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 16, 2008, 12:48:56 PM
The big difference other than being hollow is that the new wings are finished out. The solid wings were pretty much as-cast and will require about three days of work to be usable. They have to be drilled and ground down and then filled and primed. The studs will have to be inserted and the holes in the blade will have to be tapped or have inserts installed.
Dane ends up with a lot of hours in those hollow wings.
Are you sure you don't want a hollow wing.  ;D
When you come down. I'll show you the Janek wing. It's much sturdier than you can imagine. It has aluminum inserts in the uprights and the blade. The main reason that I'm buying a wing is jealousy. My wife has a real Superbird wing for her clone and I couldn't stand the thought of her having a nicer car than mine.  :D

dane did drill and tap some of my wing . it has had some partial finish work done to it. I will worn you I want my center section to pivot!!!!

:slap:    if i could / can get my carb issues worked out and the thing running well , you will have it !

BigBlockSam

QuoteWhen you come down. I'll show you the Janek wing. It's much sturdier than you can imagine.

:nono:  don't listen to him he's the  :flame:  that solid wing is much better than a fiberglass one . you just have to do the machining . you should have bought my old solid wing . daytonalo did all the machine work for me . it was nice . just needed finish work . he's a talented fuck that daytonalo . but he aint rite either.  :smilielol: witch one of us is .  :buff: :boxing_smiley: :punkrocka: :patriot:

hotrod98

Rene...back slowly away from the bottle. Your birthday party's another week away.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

BigBlockSam

my birthday party started 2 weeks ago . :boogie: :boogie: and i think it's gonna last into september.     :dance: :dance:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 16, 2008, 09:44:35 PM
QuoteWhen you come down. I'll show you the Janek wing. It's much sturdier than you can imagine.

:nono:  don't listen to him he's the  :flame:  that solid wing is much better than a fiberglass one . you just have to do the machining . you should have bought my old solid wing . daytonalo did all the machine work for me . it was nice . just needed finish work . he's a talented fuck that daytonalo . but he aint rite either.  :smilielol: witch one of us is .  :buff: :boxing_smiley: :punkrocka: :patriot:
like i said the machine work has been done just needs some finish work !

petercharger

Dane come over today and help me install the wing..and it looks sweet...Very happy that I was able to get his hollow wing...solid, perfect and true to an original at a fantastic price..if you have one ordered from him...you will be very surprised...will take the wing down to the paint shop in a few days and have painted white.. :2thumbs: :cheers:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: petercharger on August 04, 2008, 08:58:00 PM
Dane come over today and help me install the wing..and it looks sweet...Very happy that I was able to get his hollow wing...solid, perfect and true to an original at a fantastic price..if you have one ordered from him...you will be very surprised...will take the wing down to the paint shop in a few days and have painted white.. :2thumbs: :cheers:
awesome peter keep up the good work dont give up brother !

hotrod98

Looking forward to receiving my new wing. :drool5:

Might have to use my fiberglass Janak wing on that wild cuda project. ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 04, 2008, 09:08:01 PM
Looking forward to receiving my new wing. :drool5:

Might have to use my fiberglass Janak wing on that wild cuda project. ;D
put down the crack pipe and step away larry    REALLY