News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Length of Clutch fork

Started by soundkat, July 14, 2008, 04:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundkat

Hi, guys, I am trying to find out what the exact length of the clutch release fork is for a 69 440/833. Trans shop says I probably have the incorrect one in my car, but I can't imagine that being the case. Thanks

PS I need to know this really soon as it is costing me like $80 an hour while they debate this.....

charger500az

Hey guys. I'm having the same problem. I have a 440/hemi 4 speed/dana 60 car. The I have a combonation of stock and aftermarket parts. I had the wrong clutch fork in there. The one I had put in by accident is the one for an  a body which is 1 ft and 1/2 inch long or 12.5 inches!  The clutch fork I should have according to stock specs for the b body is only 10.75 inches long. Here is the problem. According to the transmission shop, I need a 1 foot even clutch fork to have everything line up. So the a body fork is too long, and the b body fork is too short according to the professionals at the transmission shop. Have you guys ever heard of having to use a custom made lenght clutch fork? I don't even know where I would even get a 12 inch clutch fork. I"m guessing I would have to just modify the one in there now that is just barely too long. This has me puzzled. Any answers/suggestions please. Can I modify the one I have? Has anyone ever done it? The trans. shop thinks they might be able to but they would prefer for me to find a 1 foot even clutch fork. I have a headache. Thanks for any help. It is much appreciated.

Chryco Psycho

Talk to Brewers , they have what you need both parts & info

charger500az

I called them today. Thanks guys.