News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil Pressure/Distributor Questions (With updated resto. pics.)

Started by Sweet T, July 13, 2008, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet T

1.  Distributor clamp was off at one point when the motor was out and the distributor got moved and knocked around a bit.  Using pictures I put it in about as close to the same spot as I could.  The car fires up, runs rough and fills the neighbourhood with smoke.  What's the easiest way for a guy who couldn't do his own oil change a few years ago but somehow took every nut and bolt off a car and then made it kinda run again.
2.  Oil pressure gauge is not working at all.  It was acting up when I took the car apart so it may just not work now.  How do I make sure I actually have oil moving around in there.  I did have the pan off to change the rear main seal but am 100% I put everything back in. ;)

Time is ticking down Moparfest is only 5 weeks away.  The top and glass are going in on the 28th.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

Sweet T

Nevermind I think I got it.  Timing may still need a little love but will work for now.  A lot of the smoke was coming from the headers, paint which I believe is factory just wanted to burn up.  Oil pressure is showing on the dash.  The clutch didn't seem right after I mess with that tonight I'll probably be back on tomorrow with some questions.

firefighter3931

What's the engine combination ? Even a bone stock motor will want at least 12* of spark lead at idle.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Sweet T

Internals of the motor I don't know.  The motor ran pretty good when I pulled it so I'm taking a gamble that it will still run well.  Let it warm right up ran well at idle and with some revving.
Thanks Ron