News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock Car Racing Magazines - Need any Aero Issues?

Started by Aero426, July 12, 2008, 07:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Picked up some duplicate Aero Era issues of SCR from 69-71.    Here's the ones available.  $5 each.   They are all in nice shape and full of delicious information.    The guy had a large collection and numbered his issues on each cover.  Otherwise, they are very good condition wise.   The pics are of the actual issues available.  Nothing torn or missing.    Let me know which ones you'd like.

June '69 (SOLD)

Spring 69

July 69  (SOLD)

October '69

November '69

December '69 (SOLD)

Jan '70 (SOLD)

Feb '70 (SOLD)

Mar '70 (SOLD)

Apr '70 (SOLD)

July '70 (SOLD)

Sep '70

Oct '70

Nov '70 (SOLD)

Dec '70 (SOLD)

Feb '71 (SOLD)

Apr '71 (SOLD)

pettybird

I'll take these, too.

Mar '70

Nov '70

Dec '70

Apr '71

Aero426

Hi Doug,  I will put those aside for you and send you a PM.

69_500

Doug I'd be interested in a few if they aren't already spoken for.

June 69

Dec 69

Jan 70

February 71

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2008, 04:23:24 PM
Doug I'd be interested in a few if they aren't already spoken for.

June 69

Dec 69

Jan 70

February 71

Hi Danny, these are yours.    PM sent. 

pettybird

got mine--they're AWESOME!!!

Doug if you run across more (the ones I didn't get) set them aside as I'll definitely take them.

nascarxx29

Got the similar ones good archives vintage magazines .I also had packed away complete 69-70 automotive press newspaper competition press&autoweek with the wingcar pictures introduction and ads and race results drivers historys etc as it happened back in the day

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DaytonaDodge71

Hey Doug,

Run across any more please let me know especially if The K&K Dodge is featured

Thanks,

Tim

dads_69

Doug, if October '69 is still avaiable, I'll take it. I tried to send you a PM but box said it was full.

Mark

EDIT:  July 30th Thanks Doug.........No worries.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

notabird

Welcome DaytonaDodge71,If you are who I think you are I will see you at the Forge. Brent

DaytonaDodge71

Brent,

I am probably who you think I am and yes look forward to seeing you at the Forge. However I will be bringing a non Mopar (Survivor Boss 9) as they are doing a tribute to those this year as you may know. This is the first time ever (even though Ive owned other makes for years) I have never shown anything other than a Charger so this trip will feel a little strange. But the Hemi only has one competitor the Semi Hemi so thats why I have one(but just one) Ford.

Look forward to chatting with all you guys. Harry Lee Hyde and I will be spending some time together next month and I plan to really document the stories about the K&K and will be sharing them with Y'all.
He and I will be travelling together to St Louis and he will be speaking to the group. He Is always HILARIOUS! So hope to see you there as well.

Tim

Aero426

Mark / Tim, all those issues are gone, but I will keep my eyes open for more.   

Doug

notabird

wont give you a hard time for the ford,at least its a cool car. I used to be a camaro guy but Sherri converted me.
Brent

DaytonaDodge71

Sheery not only is pretty but smart as well! She knew you would never be happy if you picked her up in a bowtie.

Did she mention we talked yesterday about mopars?

Tim

notabird

She said you had called and talked about the Forge and StLouis and Harry. He is a really nice guy ,I love to listen to his stories. Brent

69_500

Ah so Harry is going to be making the trip to St. Louis again huh? That will be interesting. A lot of neat stories there.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on July 31, 2008, 03:04:52 PM
Ah so Harry is going to be making the trip to St. Louis again huh? That will be interesting. A lot of neat stories there.

... along with at least one and perhaps two other guests.  Rich B. called this week and should have an announcement for Sherri to post soon.  One of the guests might be of the "scheduled to appear" variety, but it'll be a great time no matter what.

Mopurr

Well I am glad to know that if I am being talked about that at least someone said something nice about me....Thanks Tim!

Yes it is really cool that Harry Lee is returning this year, he had such a good time last year he wanted to spend some more time with us.  Hard to believe after meeting some of us mopar crazy people isn't it.  I actually think it was the cake.  lol.

The annoucement that Gene is referring to is.............

Charles "Slick" Owens of Team Holman Moody has confirmed to be one of the guest .   Yes he comes from the blue oval side but without them our Aero cars would probably have never been.  He should have great stories for us and has a long history of being involved with NASCAR.  and also remember we will have Ford & Mercury guys attending with us this year and we sure want them to go back telling all of those other Fomoco guys that the mopar guys can really put on an not to be missed event.

Fingers Crossed that I will be making another announcement or two for Rich in the next couple of weeks, Monster Mopar is just a few weeks away and a lot of planning is going on & more is being confirmed almost daily.

So stay tuned.

:popcrn:

Sherri

69_500

Looking forward to being out at Rich's house again on Friday. This year I plan on getting there really early though.

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on August 01, 2008, 04:56:27 PM
Looking forward to being out at Rich's house again on Friday. This year I plan on getting there really early though.

Danny, do you have any audio recording equipment that we could set up and just leave running while all the stories are being told?  A good old-fashioned tape recorder perhaps?  I'm sure there will also be an opportunity to do a formal video "interview" with one or more of the guests, but sometimes the stories that are told while everyone is sitting around Rich's workshop are just incredible. 

I'll check and see if Rich minds if we mention who else he is working on as a guest.  The gentleman has said he would love to come, and currently has no schedule conflicts.  He's still a pretty busy guy though, so I don't think he's able to lock us into his schedule until it get a little closer.  It'll be a great time, and I'm REALLY glad to hear that Tim is coming up with Harry Lee.

:cheers:

69_500

I don't have a very high end digital recording device other than the video camera. I do have 2 microphones for it though, one wireless, and one shotgun. It wouldn't be that hard to just set up the camera and have it running with the wireless mic recording what all is being talked about.

Alaskan_TA

Doug,
If you have any of the magazines left, I will take one of each.

Reading the old newsletters was VERY informative, thanks again!

Barry

Aero426

Barry, they are all gone, but I've just left the purty pics up for folks to look at.     Thanks for the kind words on the newsletters.

Doug