News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Layson's Restoration Busted at Carlisle by Police!!

Started by TUFCAT, July 12, 2008, 04:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged 1

;)
Any one heard anything new on this subject?
Thanx,
Eric

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 19, 2008, 03:47:33 PM
sounds like you are knowledgable about the record business...do you know , how much out of every thousand dollars ASCAP collects, actually goes to the artists ? i am curious....

It depends on the contract you have with both your label and your publishing company, which are sometimes the same company.  It can be anywhere from 75% to 5%.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

moparstuart

check out the new MCG got mine yesterday first real story page 7 .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

I read through the article and seem that rob's writing was very calm after getting arrested and hand cuffed. He didn't get to sensational in his story reporting either IMO  :Twocents:

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

They were there but it really only consisted of two guys sitting at a table on the spot where they usually have the double tent.  I don't recall them offering anything for sale but catalogs at the table either.

Corellian Corvette

moparstuart

I really need a locking gas cap for the 69 , have been getting gas stolen out here at the salvage yard .

layson's has them on sale for 69.00  shipped  should i believe i will get it  ???  i guess if i pay with a credit card i'm safe !!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48469.0.html

rick@laysons

Hi Stuart,

Your locking gas cap is packaged and will be picked up by our mailman here in just a few minutes. It will be arriving via USPS priority mail. in 2-3 days.

Thank You!! for your purchase,

Rick @ Laysons

moparstuart

TUFCAT

Obviously they want us to know they're not shutdown and back in business.  :scratchchin:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on September 11, 2008, 01:50:16 PM
i guess I made the leap ?

I was gonna suggest you contact Rick if you wanted to make the jump.  Rick's a fellow Kansan that's moved up to the great NW as well.  He was active on the old board.

moparstuart

he promised on the phone it would ship today , plus here in the forum so i think it will .

rick@laysons

.......and the mailman just picked it up about an hour ago  :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: rick@laysons on September 11, 2008, 04:18:15 PM

Dave needs to seriously consider changing the name to "Keeslers".  :wave:

aussiemuscle

Quote from: moparsuebear on July 20, 2008, 12:40:35 PM
I heard somewhere Warner Bros. has HLPAG under surveillance  :cheers:
WB went after George Barris for making replica Batmobiles... same thing?  :scratchchin:

resq302

But didn't George Barris make the original batmobile?  So if he made it, why can't he make others?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1FastCharger

Quote from: resq302 on September 11, 2008, 08:27:50 PM
But didn't George Barris make the original batmobile?  So if he made it, why can't he make others?

He may have built it under contract for someone. The other party could own the marketing rights to the car design. Like a design guy at Chrysler trying to make and sell his own Challenger. Even though he designed it Chrysler owns it.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 11, 2008, 04:47:04 PM
Quote from: rick@laysons on September 11, 2008, 04:18:15 PM

Dave needs to seriously consider changing the name to "Keeslers".  :wave:

I was gonna say: If Rick is on it, there should be no worries at all.
I bought a bunch of stuff from him way back when - maybe before the move? and was very pleased with the whole transaction. Pro all the way.

Mike DC

George Barris is greasy period. 

He'd imply that he created the new Mr. Angry Daytona too, if it would help him sell a bad exterior copy of it.   

MTPOCKET

I took the leap and fell. Don't waste your time or money with Laysons.  :fireangry:

Dodge Don

Quote from: MTPOCKET on April 28, 2009, 02:07:03 AM
I took the leap and fell. Don't waste your time or money with Laysons.  :fireangry:

How about providing some details rather than posting vague anti-Laysons stuff in numerous threads? What happened?

moparstuart

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 28, 2009, 07:47:07 AM

How about providing some details rather than posting vague anti-Laysons stuff in numerous threads? What happened?
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

captnsim

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 28, 2009, 07:47:07 AM

I did some dealing with Rick and Laysons from a ad on this site. I was very unhappy with both of them in the end.
I ordered a used 68 Charger grill complete with frame. Rick stated before the sale the grill was really nice no cracks or missing parts. When it shows up I'm shocked the it's busted all up, missing chunks, covered in fire extinguisher dust, and melted.
When I ask him about it Rick has the balls to tell me its shipping damage. I'm like no way this is shipping damage. Please send me a return shipping label and issue me a refund as per your company's return policy. Nope I have to send it to UPS for shipping claims. Been their and lost my money and the part. Oh yeah not a single ding on the shipping box.  
I took pics and sent them to him. Sent multiple emails trying to get them to do what was right. I even dealt with Dave directly. What a arrogant ass he is. Then Rick tells Dave I must have switched grills or something. That I'm the crook.  
Furthermore the pics he used to sell the grill hide the damage by using certain angles. But seeing the grill in person made it possable to see small parts of the damage. I photo shopped some arrows pointing to these parts...never got a responce back after.
So Layson's sucks. A bunch of cheating crooks in my opinion.    

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 11, 2008, 01:51:11 PM
Obviously they want us to know they're not shutdown and back in business.  :scratchchin:

In business or not - I wouldn't order shit from them
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip