News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen Dog?

Started by Fitz73Chrgr, July 08, 2008, 10:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

My girlfriend just called me and apparently when the trainer was at the park with her puppy who was on a long leash, the dog disappered when she turned her back.  Has anyone ever had something like this happen?  She was scheduled to get a microchip in 2 weeks, she had her collar on, and we are going to put up flyers and go to shelters.  What else can we do?  I doubt the police will be able to help much with this one. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Todd Wilson

You should comb the area as fast as possible.  Its not uncommon for someone to steal a pup but more often they get loose and go on their own. I have found our black lab 2 times over the years. I drove every street and alley in the area and found her. The first time she was gone over night. I printed flyers and had about the 5th one stapled to a telephone pole when a car stopped. Guy said his brother found a black lab last night. This was on the other side of town. Worth a shot to go check so we followed him to the house and sure enough it was our lab. I couldnt imagine her traveling that far but she did. Guy took care of her. Offered to pay him or buy a case of beer for him and he said no. There are good people still out there. Maybe something similair will happen.  I dont know how soon anyone can get to the area but the sooner you get to the area and search the better your chances. Check the pounds in the coming days as the dog catcher might have picked up the dog.

Good luck!

Todd

chargerboy69

I had this happen a few years ago.

We had a Black Lab puppy that was about two months old. I let her out to go the bathroom in the front yard. A white van stopped in front of my house, a guy got out, and grabbed my dog. I had just gotton out of the shower, and just had a towel around me. The van was gone by the time I got outside.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fitz73Chrgr

Well the trainer claimed to have gone to the police station to file a report, and she said the police tell her a lot of dogs are being stolen lately.
When my girlfriend went to the station afterwards, the police say no report had be filed and no dogs had been reported stolen in a long time. 

Trainer claims to have called the Humane Society and the pound.
When my girlfriend called these places, they say they haven't had a missing dog report all day. 

I am at work and 2 hours away, so I told her to go back to the police station with one of her Army friends, then head over to this lady's house and see what this is all about.
I'm fearing the worst, that the trainer is covering up something bad happening to the dog, and hoping for the best, that this lady is just trying to steal the dog.   
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

craigandlynda

dog nappers don't usually steal one that is on a leash with someone...odds are it slipped off...was the leash cut? is there a clip at the end that might be in poor condition? keep seareching.....good luck

89MOPAR

Most local newspapers will run an advertisement in their classified section for you for Free.
  Whether you have found a dog or lost one.   Sort of a "good neighbor"  " public relations" policy.

I have found  dogs before, called the local humane societys + placed ad in paper. Reunited with owner.

Weird that police / humane society in your town do not back up the trainers story. :icon_smile_angry:
  Lots of Shelters have part time staff, maybe it didn't get passed onwards ?  _ But usually they keep a Log Book right by the phone.

Hopefully this will help another person get their animal "chipped" ASAP.   Trainer might be a theif but its highly unlikely that they'd cut into an animals shoulder to remove the chip...

Go to Humane society in person and see if they will sign a note saying nobody reported a dog missing. Confront trainer with this info, then tell them you're hiring a private eye / going to follow their movements since you happen to have two weeks vacation you just started / try to outbluff them.   If anyone has connections, especially for a purebred / $$$ type dog , it would be a "trainer"
   Good luCK !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

68chrgrwife

I hope that you find the puppy. I would be heart broken if my "little"guy got stolen.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

hutch

When I was 15, (1983) I busted our mailman trying to snatch one of our lab puppys our of our back yard.  My parents were out of town and me and my brother were letting the mail stack up in the box so he thought we would be an easy target.  Little did he know I was sitting by the pool watching the entire thing play out.  Got him fired for it.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

RECHRGD

I hope there isn't any Korean immigrants in the neighborhood.
13.53 @ 105.32

69bronzeT5

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 08, 2008, 12:06:32 PM

We had a Black Lab puppy that was about two months old. I let her out to go the bathroom in the front yard. A white van stopped in front of my house, a guy got out, and grabbed my dog. I had just gotton out of the shower, and just had a towel around me. The van was gone by the time I got outside.

Did you get it back?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hutch

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 14, 2008, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 08, 2008, 12:06:32 PM

Did you get it back?

yep, I called the cops and they got him at his house with the dog.  He was a dumb ass. It was the same mail man on the same small town route for like 10 years.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

General_01

They weren't asking you hutch. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed