News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 grille again

Started by timebombkal, July 07, 2008, 08:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timebombkal

whats the name of the company thats makes the repro 68 grilles ?
has anyone have a picture?
thanks

mally69

There may be more places that make them now, but the only one that I heard of has very bad customer service. People never even got there grill and its months later.   :popcrn:  I am also interested in finding out more sources for these.

Troy

Premier Plastics - but last time I checked the 68 center sections weren't available yet. As mentioned above, their customer service and shipping are known to be pretty horrible. Do a search for them here.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mally69

Also I went to carslise and there was a stand there and they were selling new grills. I know for a fact that this company sold them for 69's not sure about 68's but dam they looked good, pretty costly though. I can't for the life of me remeber the name.It may have been premiere plastics for all I know. I am certain that somone here on this site seen the tent that I am talking about and knows the name of that seller.

Old Moparz

Premiere Plastics is the only one I'm aware of, but there could be another company by now. It may not be a big deal to some people, but find out what the grille is made of before you buy it. I bought a '71 Cuda grille from Premiere Plastics, & before the sale I was told it was injection molded like the originals were. Others, who are more knowledgable of plastics manufacturing, have told me they believe the grille to be a cast resin. That may be true, because the material feels very different to me from the original, but I don't care about originality on my car. If you're after originality, then it's not correct, but if you just want a decent grille for the price, it should be fine. The resin grilles are suppose to be prone to warping from heat, but so far I have not heard, or seen any grille that shows this problem.

BTW, I'm only speaking of the Cuda grille, I haven't seen the Charger grille in person.

Out of curiosity, I did a google search on Premiere Plastics. Looks as though Layson's may not be alone in using a name without authorization.  :lol:

Bath tubs:
http://www.buypremiereplastics.com/

Septic tanks:
http://www.premierplastics.com/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JimShine

I just heard today that they are not even returning phone calls to one of their retailers. That is scary stuff when they wont even answer calls from someone trying to sell their products.

Mike DC

I've thought for a long time that PP was doing more harm than good for the repro grille situation. 

It's not just that they're unreliable.  It's that somebody else would have done these grilles a long time ago if the grille market had still been open territory all this time.  It seems like PP is doing just enough to keep anyone else from investing in this, but not enough to solve the widespread demand problem.