News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

adjustable pinion snubber question

Started by gordo1968charger, July 07, 2008, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo1968charger

i got an adjustable pinion snubber to bolt onto my strange dana,i have superstock springs on the lowest setting,i have the snubber set at its lowest point but it is still too high.
what do you guys reccommend?
would i have to cut it down?
what it is the correct amount of distance between the floor and snubber?
thanks
gordo
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

471_Magnum

The adjustable snubbers are too tall for the street. They really should be considered "race only".

Pull it off around town, reinstall it at the track.

At the track, you'll probably want less than 1" clearance.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

craigandlynda

you won't want to use that snubber on the street....first traffic control bump, you'll lose the fillings n your teeth...that is a RACE ONLY goody...but when you do need it, it is irreplacable...

gordo1968charger

so basically i ve wasted my money unless i shorten it?
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

gordo1968charger

68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

471_Magnum

Which type do you have? The newer screw-in ones with the jamb nut, or the older pin-type?

Problem you might find is that by the time you get it short enough for the street, there is not enough stroke remaining to get it tall enough for the track.

gordo1968charger

pin type.
i cut an inch off the bottom of the snubber bit and  an inch off the top of the bolt on piece,it will still go up 1 place which will be enough,unless i move the leaf spring  perch hole to the higher position then it wo nt work at all.
i was all set to go on a cruise tonight and its pissing down now,fu**ing english weather!!!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Doc

A pinion snubber is not needed on a car that has a decent set of SS springs on it. Also ...a PS can cause more problems than it helps.