News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 HEMI!!

Started by WingCharger, July 04, 2008, 04:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigandlynda

one of the things about living way up here  is that there is no auto inspection...anything goes, pretty much....as long as the cops don't see something obviously unsafe...and no pollution inspections, either...there are so few people, it is no problem...and most vehicles are generally pretty safe...but some get very rusty...when you can look into the rust holes on the door , and see out the other side of the car thru the other door, thatss pretty rusty...

bsakal

Quote from: Ghoste on July 05, 2008, 04:48:34 AM
Don is correct, the name of the company is Stage V Engineering.  They are still around but now they concentrate their efforts in the aftermarket aluminum Hemi head market.

I remember the valve covers of the magazine car (a GTX) had "Stage V" cast into the cover, pretty cool looking.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

hutch

if it was a HEMI Clone, would the spark plug wires not enter into the top of the heads?
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Dodge Don

Quote from: hutch on July 05, 2008, 05:18:23 PM
if it was a HEMI Clone, would the spark plug wires not enter into the top of the heads?

The Stage V heads were not clones, they were real Hemi heads and yes the plugs went through the valve cover

bsakal

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 04, 2008, 04:44:21 PM
Its a very rare car.   1 of none.

Todd

According to these Bozo's they built 292 of these engines/Cars? :eyes: This is a 1/64 die cast I had to buy for my son when he was little thinking it was a big time screw up but maybe they (Popular Hot Rodding) built it that way. With a six pack to boot!

bsakal

I found the article. It was in the September 1988 issue of Hot Rod. The car was a '69 GTX, it ran low 14's stock on avgas and open headers. After the hemi head conversion with the same stock trans, converter, and 3.54 gears, running through mufflers and on pump gas, it was in the low 11's at 116mph. Unlike the engine in the previous link, this one had a Crane cam, 246 duration @ .050