News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out the new RACE CAR,,,, !!!

Started by R2, October 18, 2005, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

Well, I was able to find a RACE car i have always wanted,,,its a 65 Plymouth Belvedere, caged, mini tubbed, dana, etc,,,,its a mid 10 second car....got it this past weekend. The cool thing was I was able to keep my Charger, now the Charger has some company in the garage with the Belvedere !
Hope to race it in the next few weeks,,,and keep the Charger as a street/strip use....
R2

RD

awesome! was that on ebay?  it looks really familiar hmmmmm ??? anyways, congrats!  you got pics of interior or engine bay? specs?  what has it run in the past?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

PocketThunder

that thing is bitchen.  i passed up one of those when i was a poor college student.  I should go looking for it now....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Mefirst

BrianShaughnessy

:coolgleamA:

Totally cool!!!   

Matching Dana's from the garage view too!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

73ChargerSE

dkn1997

almost looks too nice to be a race car....
RECHRGED

MichaelRW

I've always really liked those. Good pal for the Charger.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

426wedge

Hey man, NICE car....It kinda looks familiar.......
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

charge-it

Did it come from the New England area?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Blusmbl

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

'CUDA360

R2

Thanks everyone.....
I didnt realize this site was back until i talked with firefighter3931 (ron), the other day.
The Belvedere is exactly what i wanted....its got 31x10.5x15 MT slicks on Prostar Rims, fuel cell, two fuel pumps (one for the motor,,one for nitrous,,,which is plumbed into the car,,,but never run on the car)...the NOS bottle is in the trunk,,,,just in case,,,,The car has been mini tubbed, Dana w/456 gears, Caltrac suspension,,,,interior is very decent,,,still has door panels,nice dash,,,all the gauges,,,etc,,,full roll cage,,,carpet inside,,,one racing seat,,,etc....line lock,,,,PPP shifter,,,Accell ignition,,,,440, E heads, Victor intake, Dominator carb, Solid cam 590 MP, Eagle rods, ross pistons, Turbo Action 4400 stall....etc.
Car ran best of 10.56 @ 125 on the MOTOR only....sixty foots in the 1.4 range...

Should be a fun ride,,,,car is origianlly from california,,,,( i bought it out of Missouri from a friend)...needs some TLC,,,just minor cosmetic stuff,,,
The door jambs, trunk, floor pans,,,,etc,,,are all RUST free....
I would like to find out the name of the original color,,,,,eg code/name/etc,,,,,would like to re-paint it some day......

firefighter3931

Awesome car Doug, glad you landed the beast ! Sounds like a well sorted out combo and all the hard stuff is done. You'll have a blast with that machine and you still have the Charger....doesn't get much better than that ! Looking forward to the track report !   :devil: Great talking with you the other day and glad you made it back to this site   :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

HemiTime

SWEET!!!!!!!! always liked the 65PB...so there was more than one..right and you are going to tell me where I go to pick it up

It runs mid 10's...let me know how it hooks and what the 60's are...what size tire is on the rear?

Hemi Time

472 R/T SE

Quote from: R2 on October 18, 2005, 07:34:53 PM
Thanks everyone.....
I didnt realize this site was back until i talked with firefighter3931 (ron), the other day.

You were on the old board so I knew you weren't one of the temporary Moparts members. :thumbs: :devil:

Your hotrod looks way cool.  All business-like when you pull up and your tow rig is even the same color.  Anxious to see what that BAD BOY's gonna run at the track.  I can hear them at the track, "Here comes the new guy with the Bad Arse Mopar!" :icon_smile_big:
How's Kentucky treating you & the family?

bull

R2, Nice to have you around again. Great race car! 25 years ago my mom drove a '66 Belvadere with the 225 and 3 on the tree. Very solid cars. Enjoy it!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: 426wedge on October 18, 2005, 05:22:34 PM
Hey man, NICE car....It kinda looks familiar.......

that is where i thought i seen it!! i thought it was 426 under another name :D oops
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Lowprofile

Awsome Ride! You are living the dream, bro!  Two very fine rides. Congrats & welcome back to the site! :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

R2

Thanks guys,,,,
I was missing this site,,,didnt know it had changed names from the prior site....good to hear from you all......
I enclosed a few more pics.....

Right now it has a Victor single plain,,,,intake,,,and a Holley Dominator....instead of the dual quads.

R2