News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen custom cluster

Started by BROCK, June 29, 2008, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCK

Lookin for feedback:  Like, Dislike, Want one, Changes / Improvements......

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ghoste

I don't know.  I kind of like the stock one but there is something intriguing about that one. 

craigandlynda

i like it...but can't see what each of the four small guages actually are for...temp, oil, fuel, batt...? they could even be doubled- adding things like trans temp, oil temp, vacuum...where did you get this dash?

BMOTOXSTAR

Is that the one from Gilbert? :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BROCK

It's a photoshop production that was done in answer to a friend's "what if"! 
I hope to make it.  I'm really just wondering if there is a market?  Craig has
the right idea: "adding things like trans temp, oil temp, vacuum..."

The stock cluster has 6 gauges in 4 nacelles.  Now you can have 10 guages
in 6 nacelles!!

craigandlynda

if you do this, keep me informed...i would be interested....first, i need to get the car...actually, first, i need to build the garage...

hutch

dude that thing would sell.   I have seen more open radio holes than radios over the years.  I made a delete to fill in my hole.  But gauges look slicker.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

devilgear

Yeah I dig that. Too bad Rocky Mountain Dashes won't make the new 3rd gens like they were gonna like that.

4aThrill

I'll take two,  :drool5:  so when does production start  :popcrn:

mikesbbody

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

acelondon

Question! Where can i get a cluster bezel?

i have a 74, and it has the same bezel as is in the pic above(minus the edit, of course)

I want to get a new one to have while i mod mine!
i refuse to cut anything that i might need to have for a restoration to factory specs.

a 74-318-auto is only worth a crap if truly stock.
(its matching numbers)

defiance

I've seen plenty of bezels on ebay.  Dirt cheap if they have radio cuts, relatively expensive otherwise.  If you have a good one, my recommendation would be to buy a cut one and finish it out for your radio.  That way you keep your good one un-cut and still get a radio slot.

Speaking of which, if one were to make a custom bezel, why not make it with a modern radio slot that isn't bo-hiney ugly like cutting stock ends up?  I had to spend hours upon hours fiberglassing and sanding to make mine look pretty good.  If one were available that made modern radios actually look GOOD WITHOUT near-infinite sanding, I'd buy it! :P

BROCK

Update:

My primer for this custom cluster focuses on the bezel alone.  My first aim is to
develope a mold in a kit form that will allow a hacked up bezel to be remolded. 

My first start has been a false start.  I used Loctite's 60 minute epoxy to make
a mold of an unmolested radio area.  Initial layers set up hard, but subsequent
layers were softer & softer.  To a point, this is the opposite of what is needed. 
On a positive note:  grain reproduction was outstanding!

Once a stock radio bezel repair kit becomes available; a radio delete kit will be
in the works.

4aThrill