News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Procomp Ready to Run Distributor

Started by jmanscharger, June 25, 2008, 10:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

Has anyone had any experience with these? Apparently connect the two wires to the coil and you are done? Isn't there something else?
I have one of these and don't want to fry something...

Procomps Ready to Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEI's.
The Ready to Run features:

Adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine's needs.
A maintenance free magnetic pickup accurately triggers a high output internal ignition which easily out performs stock ignitions.
It will Smooth out the engines idle, improve starting and provide a much higher RPM range.
Improve stability and endurance, via an oversized steel shaft spins in a top mounted sealed ball bearing.
An extra long sintered bushing guides the shaft at the base of the housing.
There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy.

All that is required is to install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and you're Ready to Run.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

tecmopar

I bought one for my '85 Gran Fury to get rid of that lean burn crap and so far, so good. NOW remember, you need a 12 Volt source, KO, for the distributor, don't use any ballast resistor wiring that drops voltage and in fact you can remove that as well. It almost cost me more for the plug wires then the distributor because of the HEI type cap but I needed them anyway. You can buy just the ends and boots to put on your plug wires if you have good ones, saves a lot of money, good luck.

jmanscharger

Ironically I blindly  bought a high dollar set of wires for $10 and then realized I couldn't use them with my stock set up. They were sitting on the shelf but now  I have a use for them. Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Savage6

Hey guys, I just picked up one of these distributors, put it in and now my car wont start.  All it does is turn over and over.  I connected the red wire to the positive terminal on the coil and the black wire to the negative terminal.  I am using my original plug wires and Im not sure if that might be the problem or not.  The coil is a blaster 2, not sure if that is good enough either..  Any suggestions?   

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Savage6 on August 02, 2008, 08:28:56 AM
Hey guys, I just picked up one of these distributors, put it in and now my car wont start.  All it does is turn over and over.  I connected the red wire to the positive terminal on the coil and the black wire to the negative terminal.  I am using my original plug wires and Im not sure if that might be the problem or not.  The coil is a blaster 2, not sure if that is good enough either..  Any suggestions?   

:scratchchin:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com