News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1 inch spacer

Started by onebadmopar, June 15, 2008, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

happy dads day all weve got  the charger running pretty well now and was just curious about sumthin if i were to add a 1inch spacer to carb what are the advantages and disadvantages of this reason im asking is i dont like the way fule line is run by adding this spacer it would allow me to install the edlbrock fuel adapter wich to me look more secure and cleaner  i cant do it at its height now because the dashpot for the choke is to close

Ghoste

A four hole one inch spacer can add a little lower end and throttle response.  An inch could also be enough to earn you some hood clearance issues depending on what you have already.

onebadmopar

so if it will fit it will just be a benefeit? i think i have just enough room for a 1 inch

Ghoste

Not necessarily, depending on the rest of your combination adding that extra volume to the plenum can make it run worse.  What are you using now?

onebadmopar

just and edelbrock manifold and a smallsteel spacer thats came with it