News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen. rear floors

Started by ussdodge, June 10, 2008, 10:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ussdodge

Has anyone attempted rear floors on 3rd Gen. Chargers? I ordered fronts from the article in Mopar Muslce E Z backyard floor repair, but three suppliers later , no rears avail.. I looked at Ebody front floors at all three suppliers, and they are the same part # as the 3rd Gen Charger part#. I wonder, is the E body rear flloor the same as the 3RD Gen B body? Do I need to add or remove metal to make the install? Any information or suppliers names and numbers or web sites would be great.

Thanks gang

USSDODGE

Charger1973

From what I understand, yes the front 3/4 pan for a 3rd Gen B-body is the same as a full floor pan for an E-body.  The E-body is shorter than the B-body.  (I think thats the only reason the pan is even available, because the E-body guys get everything)  So the rear pan for the B-body has yet to be reproduced.

Fitz73Chrgr

I think you're going to have to go junkyard divin'
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ussdodge

Well, I talked with the cats at desert valley auto parts outta Arizonia, I think those guys have been in the sun way to long! The rears for the E- body are 100 bucks new from the sudo repop gang, the desert valley guys want 375 bucks for used metal. I've looked at the cars they pull the metal from! I'll try the new metal from the sudo repop gang and post my findings when done. the parts should all be here by 6/20.  After that it'll be real close to paint time. I still haven't picked a color for it, hhhhheeeeeeeelp, lol       

Thanks again
                                                                                     USSDODGE!!

Fitz73Chrgr

What exactly are your plans for the car?  Is it a coupe, hardtop, SE?  Is it a Rallye? 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Charger74

Might want to check with Autobody Specialties.  http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/.  They have them listed, but no price.  May need to call them and ask.

ussdodge

As I stated about those guys at desert valley auto parts, too much sun!  I bit the bullit and ordered rear floors for the E- body cars.  With some serious trimming and grinding, o.k. alot of trimming and grinding, they'll work out just fine. There was plenty of original metal away from the rusted areas, after the heavy trimming of the E-body floor parts from auto body speciltys, I ended up with the portion that walks up the rear cross member. I call it that, it's what it looks like, it's the portion that goes from the floor up ti the bottom of the rear seat. Then it goes from the drive shaft tunnel to the shoulder seat belt attachment at the door jamm. It also ties the front floor at the back of the front seat together. She'll be rock solid!!! It's to bad the guys at autobodyspecialts.com sent the wrong passenger front, they sent me another drivers front. I'd be cruising right now at $4.25 a gallon! ! ! Good day and thanks for the input.   USSDODGE

Rolling_Thunder

well - i used 1970 challenger repo floor pans in a 72 road runner...     not correct ribbing but they were able to be made to fit...    did not look correct however
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip