News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlise All-Ford 08

Started by jonw29, June 09, 2008, 12:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

Mopar guys.I feel sorry for you.I have just returned from Carlisle All Ford and a 98 degree day on sat will zap the energy right out of you.I am glad that ours was not in mid July.

hotrod98

My brother's a Ford guy. He complains a lot about the heat too.  :icon_smile_cool:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

Hi Jon, how many Aero Fords did you see at the show?

jonw29

Doug there was 1 W nose Cale and that was it.I was surprised that there were none there.JW

hemigeno

Sounds like your car will be a star car next year when it shows up then, eh?   :2thumbs:

jonw29

We can only hope.I am working as hard as I know how to make it.I am going to have to get 300.00 per paycheck deducted to pay for Deisel fuel.OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69_500

Only one of the Aero cars at the show? No Talladega's? And just one Spoiler II?

I would have figured they would turn out better than that for the show. Those would have been the only cars other than the 69 Boss 429 Mustangs that I would have even wanted to look at. Oh okay so I would have checked out any Thunderbolts that were there too.

jonw29

There were 8 or 9 of the original 50 Liteweight Mustangs that were built that were there.They were sweet to see and sweeter to hear.That was my 1st time to go and I was expecting several aero cars and to see none was pretty disappointing.As 'Geno sais it will be better next year when I go back with my car.

hotrod98

The car shows are all suffering from low attendance. Last Saturday, one of the local high school shows that normally draws over 100 cars only had 4 cars show up.
Combination of high heat, high fuel costs and poor economy.
As for the July Carlisle event being hot, I think that the hottest show that I ever attended in my life was at the nats in Columbus back around '99 or 2000. I was trying to find shade anywhere I could find it. We left about 2:00 on Saturday. Just couldn't take any more.

Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 09, 2008, 08:53:49 PM
The car shows are all suffering from low attendance. Last Saturday, one of the local high school shows that normally draws over 100 cars only had 4 cars show up.
Combination of high heat, high fuel costs and poor economy.
As for the July Carlisle event being hot, I think that the hottest show that I ever attended in my life was at the nats in Columbus back around '99 or 2000. I was trying to find shade anywhere I could find it. We left about 2:00 on Saturday. Just couldn't take any more.

I was there, remember that. 

I would put nats '97 ahead of it, though.  last year for Indy--it was murder.

hotrod98

I had a blast at the '97 Indy show. I hated it when they moved back to Columbus. Another 2 hours of driving for us. My son and I were helping Charlie with Charlie's Performance back then and we had a Mopar Performance display there that year. Sold a trailer load of new parts. I bought a lot of used parts at that show... cheap.  I was shocked at how much higher the prices were at Columbus the next year. It was hot there in '97, but the humidity was low.

Charles Addams