News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is Moparts.com website down ??

Started by sunroofgtx, June 01, 2008, 07:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Troy

Quote from: sunroofgtx on June 01, 2008, 07:53:53 PM
I'm going crazy, I love that site..75% of our business is generated from that website. At least we have a ton of shows coming up soon. We are a sponsor of the F.A.S.T. class racing. I wonder what happens if the fire destroyed everything. Is everything backed up ? How does a server work ?
You'd get more business if you answered yer dang emails... ;)

By the way, we have a "Services/Businesses" section in our Classifieds if you'd like to post an ad.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sunroofgtx

I know. I really try. Usually , I'm excellent at it.. we just got Blackberry phones to keep up with the emails immediately. Its going to help immensely. Maybe I'll post here, is it ok ?

Troy

Quote from: sunroofgtx on June 01, 2008, 09:44:25 PM
I know. I really try. Usually , I'm excellent at it.. we just got Blackberry phones to keep up with the emails immediately. Its going to help immensely. Maybe I'll post here, is it ok ?
Uh yeah, post away. I'll probably just grab some wires the next time I see you though (maybe Norwalk but likely Carlisle).

Troy

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

drdodge340

I posted a help wanted thread and just after that it crashed hope it wasn't me.......DOH!
Sandy in Nova Scotia formerly drdodge340 on moparts etc.
-71 charger super bee-72 aussie charger-72 aussie vh dodge ute
-72 fargo 100 swb sweptline-75 d100 swb adventurer se-76 b200 shorty van-76 feather duster
-88 power ram swb 150-95 acclaim- 98 ram 1500 SS/T-09 challenger SXT

BCSharp

Saw the post about the server explosion and googled "Houston server fire" and got this http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=90185&st=0   IF  this is where MOPARTS is at then it certainly explains the outage, and it looks like all the data should be safe!  :2thumbs:
71 Charger R/T, 440 4 speed

Troy

Well, I did some checking and Moparts.com resolves to 66.98.150.22 which belongs to "ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.". If the data center is without power that would certainly explain why the site is down.

Troy

Hemidoug

It looks like they were part of that data center...the main page is up but no links work as of yet......I'll bet some people were walking around in circles last night....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

KMPX2

Man I am starting to get the shakes, what am I going to do here at work all day? :eek2:

firefighter3931

Update from the service provider for the Moparts website :

http://service-update.theplanet.com/
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

AZ-Nick

Well I hope they get it back up, I had just paid my Vendor fee on Friday evening and when I checked.... Gone, hahahahahahahahahaha!

Hey Gorski  :nana:
Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 02, 2008, 08:34:20 AM
Awesome, that site sucks anyway. Hard to navigate and it is a turd compared to DC.COM. :2thumbs: :Twocents:

I don't like completelly either, but is another good resource for info and help ( when you get help :) )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: milner on June 01, 2008, 05:25:15 PM
Quote from: jrdart512 on June 01, 2008, 05:18:12 PM

QuoteI thought it was because too many people tried to post a swearword, and their great puritan mods pulled the site in retaliation....
Not all are puritans :nana:

not a puritan here, full german.

I think all the mods there are german.... :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

I can't get into my pic host site (Onfinite) at the moment, either. Although my avatar & sig pics both seem to work still... :shruggy:

Funky.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Spike

Funny, I never heard anyone at Moparts dog this site.  I think they are both great sites and an asset to the Mopar community.

As for the server, after reading this (Yikes);

June 1 – 11:00pm

As previously committed, I would like to provide an update on where we stand following yesterday's explosion in our H1 data center. First, I would like to extend my sincere thanks for your patience during the past 28 hours. We are acutely aware that uptime is critical to your business, and you have my personal commitment that The Planet team will continue to work around the clock to restore your service.

As you have read, we have begun receiving some of the equipment required to start repairs. While no customer servers have been damaged or lost, we have new information that damage to our H1 data center is worse than initially expected. Three walls of the electrical equipment room on the first floor blew several feet from their original position, and the underground cabling that powers the first floor of H1 was destroyed.

There is some good news, however. We have found a way to get power to Phase 2 (upstairs, second floor) of the data center and to restore network connectivity. We will be powering up the air conditioning system and other necessary equipment within the next few hours. Once these systems are tested, we will begin bringing the 6,000 servers online. It will take four to five hours to get them all running.

We have brought in additional support from Dallas to have more hands and eyes on site to help with any servers that may experience problems. The call center has also brought in double staff to handle the increase in tickets we're expecting. Hopefully by sunrise tomorrow Phase 2 will be well on its way to full production.

Let me next address Phase 1 (first floor) of the data center and the affected 3,000 servers. The news is not as good, and we were not as lucky. The damage there was far more extensive, and we have a bigger challenge that will require a two-step process. For the first step, we have designed a temporary method that we believe will bring power back to those servers sometime tomorrow evening, but the solution will be temporary. We will use a generator to supply power through next weekend when the necessary gear will be delivered to permanently restore normal utility power and our battery backup system. During the upcoming week, we will be working with those customers to resolve issues.

We know this may not be a satisfactory solution for you and your business but at this time, it is the best we can do.

We understand that you will be due service credits based on our Service Level Agreement. We will proactively begin providing those following the restoration of service, which is our number priority, so please bear with us until this has been completed.

I recognize that this is not all good news. I can only assure you we will continue to utilize every means possible to fully restore service.

I plan to have an audio update tomorrow evening.

Until then,

Douglas J. Erwin
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

moparstuart

wow thats some major damage 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

They should post pics of the carnage. :D
Man, I can't imagine the sort of wiring nightmare those guys are dealing with. Hope it goes well for them. Hope they figure out where the problem originated from, too.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AZ-Nick

Nick's Classic Parts
http://www.nicksclassicparts.com

471_Magnum

It came back up. Then it wend down again. Must have been around 7:30 CDT. Now I can get on the site, but I get an error.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

RD

that sux big time... moparts has the BEST classifieds section (i remember it started out that way).  hope they get it squared away soon.. i find great deals there.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed