News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

light problem

Started by 68bigblock, May 29, 2008, 07:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68bigblock

:'(   I just found out last night on my 68 charger r/t  that  I  got wiring issues. Went to check the lights and I have ... headlights, taillights,brakelights, turn signal lights ... But no dash lights, Just the right turn signal  light.  And the only gauge that works is the alt .   I need a wiring diagram.   Help!!! :RantExplode:

71_deputy

1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

68bigblock

Thanks      71_deputy .    I will .  :cheers: :2thumbs:

tommymac

It could be the dimmer or bulbs mabey?

68bigblock

Thanks  tommymac ,  while I checking the wiring I will check the bulbs and the dimmer.   :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

yeah, don't the dimmers get dirty/corroded or something and that will cause said problem.(translated to mean.... this is a common problem)

keep it simple first before going and tearing everything apart.  Like was said, could be a simple combination of a dirty dimmer switch and some burned out bulbs.

Welcome to the site. :cheers:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68bigblock

To late, I've taken the dash apart. Good thing too, looks like someone in the past spliced into a couple of wires for other things.  :RantExplode:  But I will check out the dimmer.  Thanks mikepmcs   :cheers: